Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to upgrade XBMCbuntu to Gotham nightlies.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
I am currently running the XBMCbuntu 12.2 stable version but i want to try the Gotham nighlies.
I have two questions. If I share my library with a windows client (Gotham) and update the library from this. Will the library stay updated on the XBMCbuntu (12.2) version?
The reason i'm asking is because the changes to the Gotham nightlys the fixes the FoV-releases of the series 24.
(2013-09-23, 10:16)scudlee Wrote: [ -> ]See the note at Video library/Naming files/TV shows#Split-episode (wiki).

This issue has since been fixed in the XBMC 13 Gotham alphas and nightly builds.

Will the scraped episodes remain in the library or will the 12.2 version f**k it up? Tongue

Otherwise how do i upgrade my XBMCbuntu version to the latest nightly of Gotham?
The gotham machine will update the database to the gotham dB version. it will leave the frodo database there and the frodo machine will continue to use it.

If you scrape from the gotham machine the gotham database will be updated. If you scrape from the frodo machine the frodo database will be updated. They will get out of sync.

So frankly you are better keeping all clients at the same version.

You can get gotham from a number of ppas I think, but I have been using this one:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-bin
(2013-09-24, 02:12)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]The gotham machine will update the database to the gotham dB version. it will leave the frodo database there and the frodo machine will continue to use it.

If you scrape from the gotham machine the gotham database will be updated. If you scrape from the frodo machine the frodo database will be updated. They will get out of sync.

So frankly you are better keeping all clients at the same version.

You can get gotham from a number of ppas I think, but I have been using this one:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba
sudo apt-get update

Thank you! Do you know i the XBMCbuntu is compatible with the Gotham version?
yes, it is
(2013-09-25, 10:10)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]yes, it is

Perfect, thank you!
... mistake/won't let me delete
I have run this update and it's installed xbmc v14 alpha 1!!!!! What repository holds the nightlies for Gotham beta 1.
My kid was moaning that xbmc was crashing when playing a movie so when I checked I was rather surprised to find version v14
(2014-03-13, 00:07)richsmif Wrote: [ -> ]I have run this update and it's installed xbmc v14 alpha 1!!!!! What repository holds the nightlies for Gotham beta 1.
My kid was moaning that xbmc was crashing when playing a movie so when I checked I was rather surprised to find version v14

This has changed now. Do this:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc-bin
sudo apt-get upgrade
Hey guys - I am a real noob when it comes to linux and Ubuntu

All I know is I am running version 12.2 of xbmcubuntu and will like to upgrade to the latest version -

When i use the above code I get this:

Error: 'deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu quantal main' doesn't exist in a sourcelist file
Error: 'deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu quantal main' doesn't exist in a sourcelist file

Please can you give a step by step tut on how to upgrade Smile
(2014-03-13, 12:38)CyberSA Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys - I am a real noob when it comes to linux and Ubuntu

All I know is I am running version 12.2 of xbmcubuntu and will like to upgrade to the latest version -

When i use the above code I get this:

Error: 'deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu quantal main' doesn't exist in a sourcelist file
Error: 'deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu quantal main' doesn't exist in a sourcelist file

Please can you give a step by step tut on how to upgrade Smile

Did you use my steps
pls delete.