Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Odd PVR behaviour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure if this is a common issue or an idiosyncrasy of using XBMC as a PVR. I was looking for any feedback on if other users have found this problem.

I am running XBMC 12.2 on an I3 NUC with Ubuntu 12.04, all media is served via a wired network from a Qnap TS412 Nas. TV is served from the NAS by DVB link server 4.6.0 using TV source 4.6.0. The TV source software records onto the public share of the NAS in .TS format. I actually have a second HTPC running the same software versions but on different hardware, the issue seems common to both. I have come to live with a non shared PVR database between my two machines by resetting the PVR database regularly on each so changes form one are reflected on the other.

One issue is that the DVB Link product does not support live time shifting, I can live with that.

The issue I have a problem living with is that if I set a recording and start playback some time later (Effectively time shifting) when using the recordings selection in the live TV tab, the recording length is reported as the time from the beginning of the recording to the live point at the time playback is started. When that recording length is reached in playback XBMC "Finishes" playback and returns to the recordings menu. If playback is restarted, the "New" recording length from the start to the current live point is then reported and XBMC will then play to this new "Length" before stopping again.

If I play the files directly via the files menu rather than using the PVR function, when the live point (As it was when playback was started) is reached, the reported length of the video begins to increment second by second, but if I try to skip forward or backwards playback returns to where the live point was when I started playback and I can not skip further forward than that.

Is this a known niggle playing back .TS files that are currently being written? If I really have to I can live with it and just record things for later viewing but in the case of last night, coming on to an F1 grand prix half an hour after race start so I can skip ads becomes a frustration when I can play back about half an hour of footage without issue and the remaining hour and a half with repeated restarts of playback, watch about seven minutes at a time!
Mods, feel free to lock or delete this thread. I did search but today by browsing found another thread on the same issue.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139793&page=3