Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hard drive path/name changing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been having an issue with the path/name changing on my external hard drive. I use a Drobo for an external hard drive. Every so often I will start XBMC and find that my libraries come up with "file not found". When I check the original path, it is correct, but when I check the Drobo, it will now be listed as Drobo(#), rather the the original Drobo. I will change the path, which means waiting for the library to update. Then days or weeks later, the library will come up again as not found, and the Drobo is now Drobo(#+1) and I have to update everything again.

Is there some way to stop this from happening or changing the path/name back to the original Drobo when a number is added to the name.

When this happens it only seems to affect XBMC, all my programs in linux seem to have no trouble finding the files.

I am still learning to use linux so not very skilled at using it yet.

I did a search on the forums here and on the internet, but didn't find anything that seemed to match what is happening.

Thank you.
What specific linux are you using? XBMCbuntu? OpenELEC? Ubuntu?
I am using Ubuntu. I think 13.04.