Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to configure Samba?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently upgraded my Android TV box from Frodo to a Gotham nightly. With Frodo, I was able to add my smb sources with no trouble, it automatically found WORKGROUP and then my servers (there are several in that WORKGROUP). Now, with the Gotham nightly, it doesn't find WORKGROUP any longer, and when I manually enter the static IP of the server, it continually asks for the UserID/Password.... and it never works.

I am assuming this is because of Samba not being properly setup, i.e. the WORKGROUP not being discovered, and no way to setup, that I could find.

So the question is, how can I setup the WROKGROUP? Android doesn't seem to have a setting for it, and XBMC for Android doesn't seem to either.

I guess I could just drop back to Frodo, but I really wanted to have all my machines on the same release level to share MySQL music library.
Well, I found a workaround. I added the WORKGROUP to the syntax in the passwords.xml file. This worked, but is kind of tough to figure out. It would be nice if there was someway to setup WORKGROUP for Samba, but I couldn't find it. Even the Samba stuff in the advancedsettings.xml didn't seem to offer a WORKGROUP setting. Maybe they should. Course, I am told that I should upgrade my Windows server... it runs Vista, and more modern Windows are less strict about WORKGROUP authentication.