Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AV Settings Wizard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been following the Settings level button for Gotham thread since the and had an idea.

I for one do not have any fancy audio equipment, just a mac mini connecting to tv via hdmi :| but thought that this could possibly help.

Maybe think about providing a few short sample videos that can test the different features that the avr can possibly support.

IE. Play test video(s) that can test the following with a simple yes/no prompt. Based on what the user answers the settings are enabled/disabled under the advanced settings.

I looked around and found a nice thread with different samples to test : http://www.avsforum.com/t/1283497/is-it-...t_19354466

jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Audio Out (main page)

Output device:
Number of channels/speakers:
Keep audio device alive:

Advanced Settings (sub-page)

Output stereo to all channels:
Output samplerate:
Adjust output configuration to match audio:
Resampling quality:

Enable bitstreaming:
- Output device:
- Dolby Digital:
- dts:
- Dolby HD
- dts HD
- Output multichannel PCM as Dolby Digital 5.1
That has been already thought of, but I think there was two main problems when discussed internally:

1. Getting samples we can freely distribute.

2. This would add to install size for embedded platforms such as the Pi, at a time when the Team want to make XBMC more modular and move things out of the Core to make it more lightweight.

I'm not a dev but my understanding is if 1) can be solved then 2) might be solved once the binary add-on functionality is fully up & running, although I think the framework for that might need adjustment to allow injecting settings into Core.
Perhaps if and once samples are found a second package can be provided with them as an add-on?