Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC/SDL completely ignores PS3 BD Remote Control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using RaspBMC.

I found essentially every tutorial out there on getting a PS3 BD remote working on RaspBMC. I managed to sync the newer model of the remote (which has a different Bluetooth chipset) by manually using the bluez utilities (I'll elaborate more on this later). If I do a
Code:
cat /proc/bus/input/devices | grep emot
, it shows "PS3 Remote Controller". If I do
Code:
evtest /dev/input/ps3
, every button I press on the controller appears as an event in the terminal.

However, none of this is represented in the xbmc log, even with debug logging enabled.

I added the following to /home/pi/.xbma/userdata/keymaps/test.xml:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <joystick name="PS3 Remote Controller">
      <button id="105">Left(Successful,Mapping,10</button>
    </joystick>
  </global>
</keymap>

The notification message doesn't appear on screen or in the xbmc log, even though there is no failure message in the log. The behavior is the same even when that code is in keyboard.xml. Pressing the left key shows the key ID of 105 in the event test, but has no effect on XBMC proper.

I also have a bluetooth.conf in /etc/bluetooth/input.conf as specified in http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._BD_Remote, but that doesn't seem to help things at all. Toggling the "remote sends keyboard input" setting doesn't have an effect.
I actually made a lot of progress on this today, and managed to get RaspBMC to finally notice my remote by stopping and starting it after pairing.

sudo initctl stop xbmc
sudo initctl start xbmc

So my question now, is, how can I have xbmc wait until it has paired with the bluetooth remote to boot?