Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV on DVD benny's video?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will try to explain this and hopefully someone really nice can push me in the right direction

In my DVD collection I have a few TV series (like RED DWARF), when I add them I have issues
Method 1. Added as movies they appear in the movie library as "Benny's Video" but they all play
Method 2. Added as TV they appear as empty folders in the TV library and wont play BUT I do get the background for the series

Help How can I add DVD's of TV series to the library, I don't mind where they are as long as they are findable and work!
"Benny's video" will often come up when XBMC doesn't match the normal folder title and then goes and sees "Video_TS" within that folder. My first thought would be to double check the folder names for those movies, and make sure to enable the "movies are in folders named after the movie" when you scan them in.
How are you adding your DVD?

Ripping to iso?
Ripping to file structure?
Ripping indiviual episodes? (I would recommend this one using makemkv)
all my dvd's are compressed vobs, both movies and tv series, I use DVDfab and reduce to dvd5 (4.7GB) the dvd's are stored as the disks
Example
DVD/Films/RED/Video_TS & audio_TS the contents of the folder RED could be burnt to disk to give me a dvd of RED
DVD/TV/Red Dwarf S1 D1/ Video_TS & audio_TS ( Red dwarf Season 1 Disk 1)

I have tried renaming to Red Dwarf & red dwarf 2 (for season 2) no change,
when told the DVD/TV folder has TV shows, it finds the shows but says 0 episodes
when told the DVD/TV/ folder has moves, the disks are all named benny's video, but i can play the dvd's
(2013-09-27, 15:19)riffraffs Wrote: [ -> ]all my dvd's are compressed vobs, both movies and tv series, I use DVDfab and reduce to dvd5 (4.7GB) the dvd's are stored as the disks
Example
DVD/Films/RED/Video_TS & audio_TS the contents of the folder RED could be burnt to disk to give me a dvd of RED
DVD/TV/Red Dwarf S1 D1/ Video_TS & audio_TS ( Red dwarf Season 1 Disk 1)

I have tried renaming to Red Dwarf & red dwarf 2 (for season 2) no change,
when told the DVD/TV folder has TV shows, it finds the shows but says 0 episodes
when told the DVD/TV/ folder has moves, the disks are all named benny's video, but i can play the dvd's

I'm guessing here but I think the correct naming would be

DVD/TV/Red Dwarf/s01e01e02e03/VIDEO_TS/

Where e01e02e03 are the episodes on that disk.