Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Audio over HDMI with Youtube ADD ON
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all,
I've Frodo 12 + Win 7 32bit + ATI HD 7770 last drivers.

XBMC is set in WASAPI mode over HDMI.
I hooked up my HTPC directly to my Audio PRE (ADA Cinema Rhapsody IV).

I stream without any problem Blu Rays audio tracks (DTS,DTS HD,DD,DD true HD), but If I try to listen a youtube clip (with Youtube add on) ,,,SILENCE!
No streams arrives to my PRE.

No stream also if I change wasapi with Directsound mode.
Only one time (I don't know why) I listened an audio signal... PCM 2.0. Only one time!Confused

I was thinking that my PRE has some EDID conflict with my ADA Pre, so I've tested with my old audio amplifier ...a Pioneer VSX-LX51....
and the problem persists!!!! Sad

Any idea??
Update:
I've tested an MKV ripped from a Blu ray with a stream audio LPCM 5.1 and the problem persists!!

I seems hard problems with all PCM tracks!

I report that I've checked the "LPCM capable amplifier" selection in the audio output section in XBMC.

Maybe an AMD driver problem?
Do i've to instal a previous version?
Is your Receiver really capable for LPCM Decoding? on my Onkyo - there is a special setting to do - in order to have that working.
From the setup menu I go to 'Listening Mode Preset' & 'PC'. From 'Other Multich Source' I select 'Straight Decode' and now when I select 'Uncompressed PCM 5.1' on the Blu-Ray DVD I get HD surround sound 5.1 - the Onkyo front panel displays 'Multichannel' (which is for PCM multichannel sources as written in the manual).

For 'Listening Mode Preset' changes to take effect you have to power cycle the AVR.
If it's not an Onkyo - check the recievers setup settings....

Workaround for LPCM --> use a optical TOSLINK or analogue cinch

EDIT: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Aud...gure_audio
Hi A-swiss, thank you for your feedback!
(2013-09-29, 14:28)A-Swiss Wrote: [ -> ]Is your Receiver really capable for LPCM Decoding? on my Onkyo - there is a special setting to do ...

Like I said I've tested the HTPC with two different amplifiers (ADA Rhapsody Mach IV and Pioneer) and nope give pcm signal in input.
I'm pretty shure that those amplifiers can receive LPCM why I've tested them with my Dune Base mediaplayer and they always reproduce LPCM without any problem.

In the meantime I've discovered a strange (for me) situation....

Now I can give the LPCM signal to my Amplifiers ONLY with this settings:

Like you can see in the above picture if I select the same audio device (AMD) on output. With those settings I can stream LPCM .

If I select a different audio device for my optical output , LPCM do not pass yet over HDMI!!

With those settings I can stream over HDMI connection ONLY DTS, DTS HD, DD, DD true HD ... but NOT LPCM.

I do not know if this is correct.
I hope that some expert user can confirm this....!

But If It is NORMAL ...I've a question for you:
How can I menage two different devices with my HTPC??

In my specific configuration I've connected my HTPC with two different Audio devices:
1) PRE ADA Cinema Rhapsody Mach IV (via HDMI to HomeCinema)
2) DAC AQVOX (via optical output for audiophile stereo listen, drivers MUSILAND).

If I set those two different devices I can't get PCM streams.
If I set the same output device (AMD) I can't get an usble audio output over optical connector.

any idea?