Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got it working. Could not find the subtitle addons. It turns out I had to force a refesh of the respository.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager#Emp...itory_list
Installed opensubtitles, and we're good.
I just installed the Kodi Beta and this skin is showing as incompatible.
Does anyone know if this is just a version number issue or if there was actually something added to the Beta that broke compatibility?
Any work-a-rounds?
The skin isn't Helix compliant. I'm not sure it will ever be. I'd stick with others that are if I were you.
(2014-11-04, 10:30)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]The skin isn't Helix compliant. I'm not sure it will ever be. I'd stick with others that are if I were you.

That's very sad, this is by far the best skin out there. I hope there will be a Helix version or a version 6 soon. I am excited about changing my 6 XBMC tvs to Kodi for the much improved PVR functionality.
Whoa, whoa, if MQ 5 isn't going to be updated to Kodi then I'm definitely sticking with Gotham ad infinitum. Thanks for the information!
(2014-11-04, 07:15)MrKuenning Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed the Kodi Beta and this skin is showing as incompatible.
Does anyone know if this is just a version number issue or if there was actually something added to the Beta that broke compatibility?
Any work-a-rounds?

There were lots of changes to the skinning engine for Kodi. You (or someone) would need to go through the changes and apply them to the skin files to make it compatible. Ignoring the PVR changes, I do wonder if it would be possible to write a script to apply the necessary changes to the xml files. Maybe Samu-rai or Wanilton would know if thats even possible ?

(2014-11-04, 10:30)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]The skin isn't Helix compliant. I'm not sure it will ever be. I'd stick with others that are if I were you.

That's a shame, although I can understand why MQ wouldn't want to update it, especially if he gets around to MQ6. Hope he's well and back on the scene soon. Love his work !!

(2014-11-05, 09:47)dementual Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa, whoa, if MQ 5 isn't going to be updated to Kodi then I'm definitely sticking with Gotham ad infinitum. Thanks for the information!

Yeah, +1 for that. I'd be updating all my clients now if there was another skin that came close to MQ5. Having tried lots, I still can't find anything to beat it.
(2014-11-05, 10:09)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]There were lots of changes to the skinning engine for Kodi. You (or someone) would need to go through the changes and apply them to the skin files to make it compatible. Ignoring the PVR changes, I do wonder if it would be possible to write a script to apply the necessary changes to the xml files. Maybe Samu-rai or Wanilton would know if thats even possible ?

It's definitely possible, but I think it would be easier for someone to mod the skin with the required changes, and then upload the relevant xml files for people to manually replace.

(2014-11-05, 06:22)MrKuenning Wrote: [ -> ]

That's very sad, this is by far the best skin out there. I hope there will be a Helix version or a version 6 soon. I am excited about changing my 6 XBMC tvs to Kodi for the much improved PVR functionality.

I don't know for certain, but I think Marcos will concentrate on having MQ6 ready for the release of Helix, rather than spend time updating MQ5.

Personally I think I'd prefer that anyway, given Helix is still only in Beta.
(2014-11-05, 10:27)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]It's definitely possible, but I think it would be easier for someone to mod the skin with the required changes, and then upload the relevant xml files for people to manually replace.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I'll have a good read of the 'changes to the skinning engine' thread as soon as I have some time, and see if I can come up with something that can update the xml files. If I can get it to a usable state, I'll stick it on Dropbox.
Hi
I'm new to this skin, having moved to an NUC N2830 from an ATV2 (which of course couldn't handle this skin). On the ATV I settled on ReFocus which was light enough, had a simple and attractive design and sufficient features for my needs. Having bought a more capable machine though the first thing I wanted to do was try MQ5 and first impressions are that its awesome - and I haven't even scratched the surface yet!

I just have a few issues/questions that I hope you can help with.

1. Bit of a strange one - the first item on the movie homescreen widgets is the 'now playing' movie. When I highlight this item for selection (i.e. 'hover over it') the screen flickers a lot. But if I move across to the next items (recently added movies) there is no flicker. And there is no flickering screen issue anywhere else in the menus either, except possibly the now playing tv episode widget if there is one... Any ideas on this? If not, I presume I can disable the 'now playing' widget in the settings?

2. One of the features that I used most in ReFocus was 'Watchlist'. I think I have seen somewhere you can get this feature as an addon for other skins - does it work with MQ5?

Thats all (for now!). Great skin Smile
Probably a dumb question, but does this skin have a vertical home menu like Ace?
(2014-11-05, 11:25)flekz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I'm new to this skin, having moved to an NUC N2830 from an ATV2 (which of course couldn't handle this skin). On the ATV I settled on ReFocus which was light enough, had a simple and attractive design and sufficient features for my needs. Having bought a more capable machine though the first thing I wanted to do was try MQ5 and first impressions are that its awesome - and I haven't even scratched the surface yet!

I just have a few issues/questions that I hope you can help with.

1. Bit of a strange one - the first item on the movie homescreen widgets is the 'now playing' movie. When I highlight this item for selection (i.e. 'hover over it') the screen flickers a lot. But if I move across to the next items (recently added movies) there is no flicker. And there is no flickering screen issue anywhere else in the menus either, except possibly the now playing tv episode widget if there is one... Any ideas on this? If not, I presume I can disable the 'now playing' widget in the settings?

2. One of the features that I used most in ReFocus was 'Watchlist'. I think I have seen somewhere you can get this feature as an addon for other skins - does it work with MQ5?

Thats all (for now!). Great skin Smile

1) I would just disable the ‘recommended’ widget. You can do this in skin settings.
2) MQ5 doesn’t support that script. Put if forward for MQ6.

(2014-11-05, 13:22)costi Wrote: [ -> ]Probably a dumb question, but does this skin have a vertical home menu like Ace?

No.
Thanks. You mention Watchlist script isn't supported, but is there any option at all in MQ5 to obtain the same result - i.e. show the next unwatched episode of each series you are watching?

It's such a useful feature I am surprised this is not a standard feature of all skins?
The closest thing is the 'recommended' widget we discussed before. This is part of skin widgets.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=142389
Porting to Helix may not be too bad - This is MQ5 running on Helix alpha5 with very little modification.

^^ click for a larger version.
No it doesn't look too hard. The most important thing looks like just changing the xbmc.gui version.