Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-11-02, 22:10)cw-kid Wrote: [ -> ]This situation now makes me very weary of even using the menu customization at all, if any new skin update can break it again. Its like using MCE Studio menu editor on Windows Media Center and any new updates from Microsoft breaking your menu customization again, don't want to be back down that road... and some issue like this could put me off using the MQ5 skin altogether!

I was going to write a whole series of blog posts on MQ5 and how great it looks but not sure I can proceed now until I get more information about the menu customization and skin updates.

Thanks

I'm not at my computer so I can't post a link, but if you just google the script it should come up.

Then install from zip. As I say, once you have exported you don't need to worry. It takes about 30 seconds to import and everything is back as it was.
(2013-10-31, 23:59)sfnetwork Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-28, 14:38)sfnetwork Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-27, 05:49)sfnetwork Wrote: [ -> ]OK, on one of my HTPC, I did a complete rebuild (this one is Openelec) and it still did it (again, Ace; no issue). So there is really "something" different in MQ5 that may need a fix (and two of my 5 HTPCs are fine so I know some users have no issue; doesn't mean there is no problem).

I started isolating features that would be involved that doesn't exist in Ace. I may have found one; custom watched indicators...
I may be wrong but I ALWAYS use the eye one with black background... I tried disabling the watched indicators from the views...
Since then, so far, never crashed on black screen...
I will have to test more to confirm but so far, it may be related...

I have some test result (positive).
I can't be 100% of which of those two test corrected it (yet) but additionally to stop using custom watched flags I decided to redo the SQL databases from scratch.
I was using centralized MySQL configuration.

To make this really clean, I uninstalled MySQL and deleted everything (database, etc...) from server.
I installed the latest MySQL and recreated the XBMC SQL user, etc...
I rescanned my entire library to it.
And, I used Trakt to resync my watched states.
(only thing I lost was the "resume" points; not really important)

From this moment, I haven't had the black screen issue yet at all when going to "recently added" from sub menu.
I'll test reactivating my favorite watched indicator in MQ5 (the eye on black background one) and see if I'm still stable.

So, so far. I isolated the issue source to be the SQL database or the watched indicators...

Sorry to bring this back in your face again but after sooo much time on this issue (and money since I tried changing a ssd drive), I can't confirm that ONLY MQ5 has this issue.
ACE which is the closest in terms of design/screens never has this issue in my tests...

So far, here are what I tried:
-Different GPU card (also AMD and nVidia)
-Different TV/monitor
-Different ssd drive (including complete rebuild , Openelec)
-Redownload skin (and deleted all references in addons and packages (not relevant with previous test)
-Different cable (HDMI/DVI)
-Different resolution
-enable/disable watched indicator
-Complete SQL rebuild with new databases with new scanned library (centralized SQL using mySQL)
-Many different options in skin (all of them I think, lol)

This only happenning on specific PCs and I can't isolate why (one is Intel based and the other is AMD...)
Nothing in the logs about it...

To reproduce this (as a reminder), from home screen, I go in "Movies" submenu in "recently added" then from time to time, it goes to a black screen and stays like this until I reboot...
There MUST be something different when the screen is generated when going in "recently added" from sub menu between MQ5 and ACE, it wouldn't make sense that it's EXACTLY the same...

And since others (not alot) also reported this... I think it must be specific to a hardware but I just can't target it... And Since ACE is perfect in this area...

I just LOVE MQ5 so this is why I worked that hard to try to fix it but unfortunately for me, I will have to stick with ACE...
Really hope this can be fixed... (If we could ever find the issue...)

This is the last time I mention this (I'll stop nagging lol).
The black screen issue in submenu is still present only in MQ5 (not in Ace or any other skin for that matter) on two of my HTPCs. And not logs about it.

After all the tests I made, I will admit defeat and will simply switch to ACE until more people report this as I took way too much time on this... after all, it's just a skin (the best but still).
Besides all the tests I made, I have no other way to help you resolve this issue and since it looks like I'm a minority, I understand...
It must be a combination of hardware or something because My Zotac AD11 (way less powerful) and my gaming PC don't have this bug...

MQ, the only thing you could check if possible, is the exact difference between Ace and MQ5 when giong in a submenu like "recently added" besides the SQL query (it's impossible it's EXACTLY the same for both), maybe how MQ5 is generating the screen, etc...

Anyway, beside on those HTPCs, MQ5 is awesome. Very good job!
First off, I'd just like to say that this skin is a beauty, congrats to all that helped contribute to the skin, as well as to MQ himself.

Something that I did some searching on, and didn't really find (so apologies if it has been mentioned earlier), but i think it would be really cool if we could have the option to select the type of art that is displayed in the widgets for both TV's and Movies (banner, poster, logo, etc.)

Thanks for the consideration!
(2013-11-02, 21:47)MeniBI Wrote: [ -> ]Dear MarcosQui
In Frodo it didn't appear the mq5 for me
any solution?
thx
Could someone help/assist me please
the new mq5 skin didnt appear in the mq repo,
how can i solve it?
Thanks in advance
(2013-11-03, 10:11)MeniBI Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-02, 21:47)MeniBI Wrote: [ -> ]Dear MarcosQui
In Frodo it didn't appear the mq5 for me
any solution?
thx
Could someone help/assist me please
the new mq5 skin didnt appear in the mq repo,
how can i solve it?
Thanks in advance

Try to refresh the official xbmc repository. You go to Settings. Then Add ons and Get Add ons.
There you got to XBMC.org Add ons and "force refresh" from the context menu. Then you should see MQ 5 in the skin section.
TV Logo - Transparency

Hi

First of all, thanks for a realy nice skin.
I think I found one visual "bug"

My TV logos have a transparent background. (PNG files)
But when they show up in XBMC the transparent area is a lighter dark color.
It would look better if it was "Black" like the surroundings

Best regards
Providers
(2013-11-03, 03:13)sfnetwork Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-31, 23:59)sfnetwork Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-28, 14:38)sfnetwork Wrote: [ -> ]I have some test result (positive).
I can't be 100% of which of those two test corrected it (yet) but additionally to stop using custom watched flags I decided to redo the SQL databases from scratch.
I was using centralized MySQL configuration.

To make this really clean, I uninstalled MySQL and deleted everything (database, etc...) from server.
I installed the latest MySQL and recreated the XBMC SQL user, etc...
I rescanned my entire library to it.
And, I used Trakt to resync my watched states.
(only thing I lost was the "resume" points; not really important)

From this moment, I haven't had the black screen issue yet at all when going to "recently added" from sub menu.
I'll test reactivating my favorite watched indicator in MQ5 (the eye on black background one) and see if I'm still stable.

So, so far. I isolated the issue source to be the SQL database or the watched indicators...

Sorry to bring this back in your face again but after sooo much time on this issue (and money since I tried changing a ssd drive), I can't confirm that ONLY MQ5 has this issue.
ACE which is the closest in terms of design/screens never has this issue in my tests...

So far, here are what I tried:
-Different GPU card (also AMD and nVidia)
-Different TV/monitor
-Different ssd drive (including complete rebuild , Openelec)
-Redownload skin (and deleted all references in addons and packages (not relevant with previous test)
-Different cable (HDMI/DVI)
-Different resolution
-enable/disable watched indicator
-Complete SQL rebuild with new databases with new scanned library (centralized SQL using mySQL)
-Many different options in skin (all of them I think, lol)

This only happenning on specific PCs and I can't isolate why (one is Intel based and the other is AMD...)
Nothing in the logs about it...

To reproduce this (as a reminder), from home screen, I go in "Movies" submenu in "recently added" then from time to time, it goes to a black screen and stays like this until I reboot...
There MUST be something different when the screen is generated when going in "recently added" from sub menu between MQ5 and ACE, it wouldn't make sense that it's EXACTLY the same...

And since others (not alot) also reported this... I think it must be specific to a hardware but I just can't target it... And Since ACE is perfect in this area...

I just LOVE MQ5 so this is why I worked that hard to try to fix it but unfortunately for me, I will have to stick with ACE...
Really hope this can be fixed... (If we could ever find the issue...)

This is the last time I mention this (I'll stop nagging lol).
The black screen issue in submenu is still present only in MQ5 (not in Ace or any other skin for that matter) on two of my HTPCs. And not logs about it.

After all the tests I made, I will admit defeat and will simply switch to ACE until more people report this as I took way too much time on this... after all, it's just a skin (the best but still).
Besides all the tests I made, I have no other way to help you resolve this issue and since it looks like I'm a minority, I understand...
It must be a combination of hardware or something because My Zotac AD11 (way less powerful) and my gaming PC don't have this bug...

MQ, the only thing you could check if possible, is the exact difference between Ace and MQ5 when giong in a submenu like "recently added" besides the SQL query (it's impossible it's EXACTLY the same for both), maybe how MQ5 is generating the screen, etc...

Anyway, beside on those HTPCs, MQ5 is awesome. Very good job!

Well Im also getting the black screens. Running openelec. Sometimes happens when i select movies submenu files. I have to restart xbmc to recover.
turned on animated weather icons and can't seem to find the setting to go back to stock. racking my brain to no avail - any help is appreciated.
@bry-, go to settings, customize main menu, weather item, have local for turn off animated weather icons.
@Wanilton. Ty!
@Marcos

Regarding Showcase View
Is there any chance that you could upgrade the display of the covers. I really like how they look in the multiplex view, with the black frame around them and the sharp corners.

Now that Multiplex is one big cover stream, and showcase now is almost exacly like what the old multiplex view was, I'd think this would be really great.

The new cover design just looks totally awesome and I think every view should get rid of the round corners and instean have the new design, even the small covers in the main menu.

Found a small bug?!
When you are, for example, in the right list, or the glass list or the wide view, and you press the "Page Down Key" the "marker" jumps over a couple of movies in a nice flow and selects the new movie / TV Show.
BUT
If you press "PAGE UP" the flow of the motion gets a little bit interrupted at the end.....it´s hard to discribe....just try page up with the views mentioned above. You should see what I mean at once.
Can someone tell me how to modify the OSD (when you hit info while watching a show) so it displays the TV Show name? I looked through VideoOSD.xml, but am totally lost Smile
I would also like to make the text size for the video/audio info display bigger.. (see below) just not sure where either Sad

I'm getting a Script Failed!: Artist Slideshow. I have the latest Gotham installed. I've also tried uninstalling / reinstalling both xbmc and the skin and script. Anyone have any ideas?

It also failed when trying to install the extrapack, but I downloaded that manually.
Hrm, I can't get the Artist Slideshow script to work on my HTPC for some reason.

Basically I've formatted my HTPC, re-installed everything (drivers included), set up XBMC 12.2, installed MQ5... but if I play some music, the artist slideshow doesn't seem to show any photos.

I have no idea why, help?

Funny thing is it works fine on my Main PC in my room.... :S?

Edit: Seems partially working, that is maybe 1 in every 7 songs works, not sure why?
theagent and leftywhat, caused for remove API function Get Images Method in Last FM source used on script:

http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+Web+Ser.../_/2216689

Now working with images you have in your artist slideshow addon data folder/cache.

Script have 3 others sources (off by default) for get images, active in addon settings script, for solve.

Read answer pkscuot, about

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1537217