Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The rename function for submenus doesn't work. I changed Shutdown to Exit on the main menu then added Shutdown under submenu. I then renamed it to Shutdown, but it still shows as "Empty."

Nevermind: A restart of XBMC fixed it.
Hi I need some help here. My past stock skin I had no difficulty creating a music folder, I have tried a gazilion ways to make one and with this skin I simply cannot do it, it scans and then no folder is there. Try and hit party mode and it says Party Mode aborted no matching songs in the library, hitting anything under music and it's as if nothings ever been played despite being able to save folders within the flash drive I am using to "favourites"- they do show. I have tried exporting the folder I made with the other profile which uses the original skin... it still doesn't take. Please help, final straw in freeing myself from cable... and I've been at this xbmc thing for two days now. Great skin btw...
So you've scanned your music source to your library, and you've turned library mode on?
Got a minor issue here since (if my memory is good) from the beginning of MQ5 (alpha/beta stages)

When i open LiveTV channel, the channel info screen stays open en vanishes after a period of time.
Channel navigation using numeric keys is broken/defect.

When opening LiveTV channel and selecting it twice, which makes channel info screen disappear faster, channel navigation works as expected.
Is this a missconfiguration in XBMC LiveTV settings or is this a skin issue?

Also hoping to find an answer for this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1593177

Edit:
Channel info screen i'm talking about
(2014-01-07, 21:19)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]What tools do you guys use to get movie sets fanart/posters and set them in MQ5? Currently all my sets have default images.
I tried some movie sets fan-art down-loader but that didn't do anything.

I select mine manually.

Usually use the artwork downloader in GUI mode to select the images I want, and then choose this through the contect menu.
Where can I switch off to show the time/progress bar during music playback on home screen? Was not able to find this.
(2014-01-06, 15:24)Dignam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-05, 13:40)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure. Do you mean when the background dims and the description appears?

If so, not without modding the code.

Ah yea thats what I had in mind. I love the wall view because of the size of my collection but hate wasting all my fanart. Guess I might have to go back to Nox infopanel.

Yea I turned the transparency to 100% which allows the fanart to show through instead of the rest of the wall posters which helps.

Ideally the black area could be removed and instead just be around the plot area maybe?
(2014-01-08, 11:23)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]So you've scanned your music source to your library, and you've turned library mode on?

Yes, again just now turned it off, cleaned library a couple more times and scanned it again, to the library, still nothing.
I wish there was a way of moving the library folder from one profile over to the other, as in my other user profile which runs the default skin for frodo, it works fine... just wish it worked in this one.

edit: I simply turned the default user's profile to the new skin and am going to revert the other back to basic: ANYWAY TO copy the settings of one profile, from one profile to the other? I spent so much time yesterday getting it straight.... would love-to simply change this one over instantly.
Freddyk read the first post. In particular the extended info script
(2014-01-08, 19:40)FreddyK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-08, 11:23)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]So you've scanned your music source to your library, and you've turned library mode on?

Yes, again just now turned it off, cleaned library a couple more times and scanned it again, to the library, still nothing.
I wish there was a way of moving the library folder from one profile over to the other, as in my other user profile which runs the default skin for frodo, it works fine... just wish it worked in this one.

edit: I simply turned the default user's profile to the new skin and am going to revert the other back to basic: ANYWAY TO copy the settings of one profile, from one profile to the other? I spent so much time yesterday getting it straight.... would love-to simply change this one over instantly.

OK so I am backing up the roaming folder to make sure it doesn't get corrupted and thus destroyed, but here's a capture of the main folder (one with non-working music library......

And here's the working folder's screen capture.....

Is there one of those music files that needs deleting? Or should anything be copied from one to the other?

Thanks for the help guys/gals.

(2014-01-08, 20:58)bry- Wrote: [ -> ]Freddyk read the first post. In particular the extended info script

Read through but not sure about what piece to which you refer, thanks...
install this - it will allow you to export/import mq5 settings
ExtendedInfo Script by phil65 - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160558
(2014-01-08, 22:14)bry- Wrote: [ -> ]install this - it will allow you to export/import mq5 settings
ExtendedInfo Script by phil65 - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160558

Thanks, and looks great with the extra info and such, for a newcomer to this xbmc thing (sorry, Ima noob here but a little bit familiar)... I installed it, is it now activated or do I have to activate it within that user profile's setting anywhere, (how to use it?) and will it assist that profile which still cannot successfully build a library? Thx again for the effort with me here.
I merely copied that music my music32.db file above, pasted it in the other folder, the main and it works now. Still would love to configure the addon think I added to look like this Image
Hi Freddy

You're right. The extendedinfo script won't assist you at all in when you were trying to do with the music db.

You don't need to configure the script either. MQ5 takes advantage of it automatically.
Thanks, however, still not seeing mq5 doing what is seen in the pic above (how to enable it to do so?)... looks like we are gonna love it!