Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playing progress meter not progressing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am playing movies from a Windows SMB share, and they all play fine on my Minix Neo X7 box. I am using a nightly version of Gotham (I've had it for a couple of weeks now, and it runs pretty good).

But I have noticed that some movies don't move the progress meter during playback. And example would be a folder that contains 3 Godzilla movies, one of them works perfectly, the other 2 play fine, but the progress meter stays stuck at 00:00. In all other respects, the movies play normally. The movies with the meter stuck at zero, are recorded in the recently watched list, but no resume point is ever recorded. Now, if I watch the movie on another of my XBMC systems (like a Windows computer), the resume point is updated normally, and the Android box will restart play at the correct resume point, but the progress meter still stays nailed to 00:00... so if I stop the movie, I lose the resume point!

I have a log that I will try to upload. EDIT: okay, log uploaded to XBMC paste bin.,, under my alias, pawnslinger.
Do you have a link to the log? I don't know how to look them up by user name...
(2013-09-29, 04:28)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a link to the log? I don't know how to look them up by user name...

The log is rather long, or I could just paste it here. How would I get a link to it? I will try and see what I can do. I have never used the paste bin much.

Okay, I just paged thru until I found it... down around page 6 or 7... anyhow here is a link, hope it works:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=63725

Okay, I just clicked on this link, and it seems to work.

Thanks for looking at it.
I don't know why this would make a difference, but I managed to fiddle around with it and I found a way to make the progress meter proceed like normal. I noticed that all the movies that worked were coded with the H.264 [email protected], and the ones that didn't work were coded with H.264 [email protected]. I don't know what that means, but all the videos were coded by HandBrake. Anyhow, I tried to test this by re-coding one of the movies, reducing the profile from High to Main. And it worked!!! The progress meter is now progressing normally. But why would the H.264 profile make such a difference to the progress meter?? That seems a really strange coincidence.
(2013-09-29, 04:28)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a link to the log? I don't know how to look them up by user name...

Bump.

Ned, were you able to use the link to my log??

Although I have figured a way around the problem, I dislike the thought of having to recode my video library to the Main profile, that would be a LOT of work. Any chance of a bug fix in the future?
Definitely sounds like a bug. I don't have an Android box that uses the normal XBMC nightly builds, so I can't try to reproduce it, but I would try with the latest nightly just to make sure it isn't something that has already been fixed. If it's still there then it would be great if you could file it as a bug report. It's pretty easy, just click on the "Bugtracker" link at the top of the forum and use your forum username and password to log in. Create a new ticket and pretty much say what you said in your first post, and attach a copy of your log (since the xbmclogs.com links expire eventually, so the devs can reference it later on if needed).

It could be a libstagefright issue, so you could put "Koying" where it says "cc".

If you need any help filling out the bug report, let me know and I'll be happy to help. If we can squish this bug, we'll save you a lot of re-encoding :)
I'm experiencing the same behaviour on my ATV520 box with Gotham Alpha7, August Snapshot.
Only on HD-movies with 2-3 Gigs in size, MKV format.
i'd rather have you try latest nightly (always) before creating any tickets.
Quote:I would try with the latest nightly just to make sure it isn't something that has already been fixed.
;)
(2013-09-30, 11:20)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]i'd rather have you try latest nightly (always) before creating any tickets.

YES!

I download the 9-28 build last night and installed just now. The bug is gone!!

Thanks to all the devs for their excellent work!
Well, I for one installed the 9-29 build last night and the FIX was gone!
What's up with that?
(2013-10-01, 10:56)texasfrank Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I for one installed the 9-29 build last night and the FIX was gone!
What's up with that?

Maybe the fix doesn't work on your machine. Different Android platforms have different hardware capabilities. But just in case, try the 9-28 build... it is still available for download, and see if it works.

My machine is an RK3188 based system.