Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How large is your XBMC Library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just curious!

I have found that I literally add things to my Library now JUST for the SOLE purpose of getting a larger library lol. I'd prefer to fill up all 10 TB that I have (Not much I know but the quality/file size ratio I use works very well for me so I'm happy).
Just curious as to how much content you guys have and whether you find yourselves sometimes adding things just to make a large library.

I love to always have choices and when someone comes by and wants to watch something, to have their taste there and not just the types of movies/TV I watch lol.
At one point I was adding as many movies and TV Shows as I could to get the numbers up.
I've stopped that now.
I look at some of the stuff now and think what the hell is that?!?!

It's got to a point where I struggle to find something I don't have. I'm surprised when I come across something.

I'm on about 2800 movies (23TB worth), 360 shows with 10000 episodes (8TB worth). About 50 movies are ones I wouldn't touch with a bargepole the rest I would give a go, I would try any of the shows. I'd rather be spoilt for choice than wanting something I don't have. I don't think any of the shows are rubbish. Then again I don't have Doctor Who Wink

Most movies I get now are blu-ray upgrades or new big releases.
2341 Movies

272 Shows With 10430 Episodes
(2013-09-30, 09:59)T800 Wrote: [ -> ]At one point I was adding as many movies and TV Shows as I could to get the numbers up.
I've stopped that now.

It's got to a point where I struggle to find something I don't have. I'm surprised when I come across something.

I'm on about 2800 movies (23TB worth), 360 shows with 10000 episodes (8TB worth). About 50 movies are ones I wouldn't touch with a bargepole the rest I would give a go, I would try any of the shows. I'd rather be spoilt for choice than wanting something I don't have. I don't think any of the shows are rubbish. Then again I don't have Doctor Who Wink

Damn, you must not compress those movies at all lol. Funny how 10k episodes is 8TB worth for you but 2800 movies is 23TB lol.

Jesus ya'll both got 2k+ movies. That's around the number I want to hit at least. Curious for other people's answers!
230 movies
144 shows with 2064 episodes

I auto delete episodes after they are watched and only keep animation movies for my kids.
I very rarely watch a movie more than once so I tend to delete after I watch it.

There was a point like back in the napster days where I downloaded just to get a bigger library but that has worn off.

With all the streaming content addons which are not discussed on this forum I dont find a big need to have a copy of it locally.
I am of the belief that I only want to collect content I want, not as much as I can get. So my library is currently small, but will never be massive. Currently 109 movies, and 36 tv shows, I'll probably never reach 1000 movies. Positive side note, less storage requirements.

Is there a way to determine how many episodes you have.

I am guessing most people torrent to get such large numbers.
258 Movies
55 tv shows

it would be bigger but my internet is crap.

I did however need to upgrade my Raid array from 6TB to now 12TB, so that should keep me going.
(2013-09-30, 17:32)tential Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-30, 09:59)T800 Wrote: [ -> ]At one point I was adding as many movies and TV Shows as I could to get the numbers up.
I've stopped that now.

Damn, you must not compress those movies at all lol. Funny how 10k episodes is 8TB worth for you but 2800 movies is 23TB lol.

Jesus ya'll both got 2k+ movies. That's around the number I want to hit at least. Curious for other people's answers!

If you think about it, most movies are 3 times as long as an episode and 720p movies in general are always higher bitrate than TV shows.

About 400 of the movies are remuxed blu-rays.

(2013-09-30, 17:50)ertman Wrote: [ -> ]I am of the belief that I only want to collect content I want, not as much as I can get. So my library is currently small, but will never be massive. Currently 109 movies, and 36 tv shows, I'll probably never reach 1000 movies. Positive side note, less storage requirements.

Is there a way to determine how many episodes you have.

I am guessing most people torrent to get such large numbers.

A few skins like Aeon say on the main screen how many you have, how many watched and how many unwatched.

Usenet rather than torrents.

(2013-09-30, 18:47)Atomic Zombie Wrote: [ -> ]258 Movies
55 tv shows

it would be bigger but my internet is crap.

I did however need to upgrade my Raid array from 6TB to now 12TB, so that should keep me going.

My internet is poor, working pretty much 24/7.
Similar thread from last year, if you want to see additional input from other users: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130406
Is there an easy way to get these figures out of XBMC (not that I will beat the others in this thread!)
Some skins display these stats (number of movies, TV shows, episodes, albums, songs).
(2013-10-01, 04:47)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an easy way to get these figures out of XBMC (not that I will beat the others in this thread!)

Ya like said, some skins display these stats. I used to use Aeon Nox and saw it alot. I dunno if it's even on Ace. I like having the stats as well as the how many I've watched stats.

I wish I knew how safe UseNets are. I can never seem to find any recent posts about them. Torrenting hasn't gone well for me recently even with safety measures lol.

I've actually started to resort to ripping my own TV shows with a Ceton InifiniTV4. I just need to get VideoRedo soon.
890 movies. 61 tv shows.

Out of interest, the people that have 10TB and higher storage - what do you use to store them?
unraid
(2013-10-01, 06:31)tential Wrote: [ -> ]I wish I knew how safe UseNets are. I can never seem to find any recent posts about them. Torrenting hasn't gone well for me recently even with safety measures lol.

I have been on Usenet for 4+ years without 1 incident (knock on wood) I use SSL to my provider (Astraweb) and am very happy with the service. Since the death of nzbmatrix I run my own newznab so I am self contained.

I have multiple friends that use torrents that get letters from their ISP saying things like we see you doing X and if you dont stop we will shut off your service.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5