Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sorting names of TV channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A question to developers:
Is it possible to add sorting feature to the TV channels list?
You can sort them by name in your backend if you want to make it permanent.
I know but I have about 200+ channels and it would be very nice to sort them asc & desc on the fly from channels list on frontend.
This simple feature is present on any cheap tv tuner, I think many users wish to have it in xbmc.
I agree that it would be a potentially useful feature, though I have never seen a "cheap tv tuner" with that functionality.
You should look on cheap line of OpenBox or GI, everything is there.
+100
as for me, it's a most wanted feature for few years
this is strange
really no one cares about chaos in channels list?
alphabetical sorting is present everywhere except TV section
that's really weird
+100500
I agree
really no one cares about chaos in channels list?
No, apparently most people don't care. If you're not able to code this feature yourself you have to wait until some developer picks up interest and does it for you.
(2013-09-30, 23:57)negge Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that it would be a potentially useful feature...
I can think it would be a potentially useful feature and that most people probably don't care at the same time. I don't get what you're tring to say here.
this thread is Feature Request, isn't it?
alphabetical sorting of any lists is usual feature on all devices (computers, mobiles, sat receivers, washing machines, tetris, etc)
no matter that some people don't care about it
I think this would be a nice feature. To be able to sort by: most viewed, movies, HDTV, sports, kids, news, etc would be pretty cool!
(2014-01-19, 07:16)bandook Wrote: [ -> ]I think this would be a nice feature. To be able to sort by: most viewed, movies, HDTV, sports, kids, news, etc would be pretty cool!

Sorting and grouping are two different things, and the latter has already been implemented.

(2014-01-19, 06:00)ihaar Wrote: [ -> ]this thread is Feature Request, isn't it?
alphabetical sorting of any lists is usual feature on all devices (computers, mobiles, sat receivers, washing machines, tetris, etc)
no matter that some people don't care about it

The fact remains that someone has to develop it, and that won't happen unless some developer cares about it.
Pages: 1 2