Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC DTS-HD MA Lossless hissing on MKV Playack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Members I need your help please. I have Denon 4308CI which supports Dolby HD and DTS HD also. I am using the stable version of XBMC. I have gone through the XBMC guide for setting up sound correctly for receivers that an accept Dolby HD and DTS HD. But now I ham having a problem. I was playing back an MKV file of the star trek - darkness movie which I had ripped from my original bluray disc. When I start playing back the audio is fine at the beginning and the receiver shows DTS HD MA. But as time goes on I start to hear hissing or static noise from the speakers. It si like when the sound signal is coming in for any kind of surround sound effect it slowly starts this static or hissing noise. After I stop the video and resume it goes away then slowly comes back. This is the first MKV file I have encountered this problem with. Could someone please guide me on why this is happening and how I can fix it. I am using a MSI HD7770 2GB D5 PCIE DDHDP video card that has HDMI out

Thanks in advance XBMC members

Icemanguru