Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IMX6 Box Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I hope someone can help and sorry if these are dumb questions but i'm new to all this and really struggling.

I had a new IMX6 box delivered today with XBMC pre installed. I've got it to find the files on my PC through Twonky server which i'm not even sure is right is it?

When i first tried out XBMC on the laptop i was able to pull all the cover art, cast, trailers etc by "scraping" Movie Database but this is proving impossible to do on this box, there's no settings anywhere to do it.
Also when i've streamed movies to the laptop this weekend XBMC automatically included the SRT subtitles that were in the same folder, this Android box doesn't seem to do that, or will it?

Can anyone help at all, these are the 2 sole reasons i've bought the IMX6 box and switched from Xbox.

thanks alot
Twonky uses UPnP/DLNA, which won't work with building a library on XBMC. Use SMB (wiki)/Windows sharing for your media files instead.
(2013-10-02, 22:54)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Twonky uses UPnP/DLNA, which won't work with building a library on XBMC. Use SMB (wiki)/Windows sharing for your media files instead.

OK thanks alot.

I've followed the instructions there and gone back to add files from "windows network (smb)" but there's nothing there.
Am i supposed to be installing something to replace Twonky or should the folders just be showing??
Did you enable SMB file sharing on your host computer so that your XBMC system can access those files as an SMB client?
I followed steps 1-9 of the process here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=SMB/Windows
You might want to add a "step 10" for divs and newbies like me.

10. Reboot your pc & box for changes to take effect. Blush

thanks for the help, it now works perfectly!