Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 10Moons D6; recent firmwares break XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there;

I have a 10Moons D6 (aka, Bluetimes MX5) which is said to be very similar to Geniatech ATV1200.

I am using the latest Pivos nightly build supplied in the Pivos forums, and all seemed to work fine including hardware acceleration for HD video.
In order to fix some issues (namely network disconnections) and to get advantage of new features announced by the manufacturer (ie; CEC) I installed the most recent firmware version. Unfortunately I have found the same problem that later on I have discovered some others have found too; *any* video (not only HD) fails to reproduce the video part. Audio starts playing with a black screen, returning back to the menus. You can return to main screen and switch to "Full Screen" with a black screen, and even if you enable subtitles you can see them against a black background.
I have rolled back firmwares and found this happens from the firmware versions available from mid-august, and strange enough I observed some of the related files have changed sizes on the firmwares that do not work (ie; libamplayer.so) indicating a change in the affected area.

Enabling debug in XBMC, I got an error that means nothing to me being a newbie, but can explain something to experienced eyes:

00:02:54 T:1692774520 DEBUG: CAMLCodec::OpenDecoder
00:02:54 T:1692774520 DEBUG: codecid_to_vformat, id(28) -> vformat(2)
00:02:54 T:1692774520 DEBUG: codec_tag_to_vdec_type, codec_tag(28) -> vdec_type(4)
00:02:54 T:1692774520 DEBUG: CAMLCodec::OpenDecoder hints.fpsrate(1767011598), hints.fpsscale(73699223), hints.rfpsrate(24000), hints.rfpsscale(1001), video_rate(4004)
00:02:54 T:1692774520 DEBUG: CAMLCodec::OpenDecoder hints.aspect(1.846154), video_ratio.num(1), video_ratio.den(1)
00:02:54 T:1692774520 DEBUG: CAMLCodec::OpenDecoder hints.orientation(0), hints.forced_aspect(1), hints.extrasize(35)
00:02:54 T:1692774520 DEBUG: CAMLCodec::OpenDecoder codec init failed, ret=0x100000a
00:02:54 T:1692774520 ERROR: DVDVideoCodecAmlogic: Failed to open Amlogic Codec

Any hint?

Thanks in advance.
Same things happening here, perhaps Davilla knows something we are missing... Big Grin
Your problem is running Pivos nightly build on non-Pivos hardware/firmware. Pivos nightly build are for ICS, Android 4.0. Your firmware is most likely JB, Android 4.1 or 4.2.
Having Davilla's response is guarantee for certainty.

Pivos releases worked on earlier firmwares of this device. It is in JB, 4.2.
Strange thing is the different firmwares, comparing the ones that worked and the current ones that do not work, do not seem to change the Android version.

You mention Pivos nighly build being built for ICS. Is there any other known release using hardware acceleration that might be more succesful?. How can I check the Android version that suits an specific build?

Thanks
Not sure, Android firmware seems hit or miss on non-Pivos devices
In case anyone is interested, I found the guys at Matricom have built an XBMC version with the right libraries so it works with latest firmwares released by manufacturers of boxes with AMlogic MX2 SOC. So far testing shows good results with native HW acceleration for video.

Regards
as far as i know, this model need MX player support.
you should install MX player and XAF XBMC, then should be ok
(2013-10-20, 02:17)kentiger Wrote: [ -> ]as far as i know, this model need MX player support.
you should install MX player and XAF XBMC, then should be ok

I think xpman just confirmed that MX Player and/or XAF are not needed.