Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple Player.OnPlay notifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When the player is stopped, and I send a Player.Open message via JSON, or play via a click in XBMC, I get 2 "Player.OnPlay" notifications (about 100-300 milliseconds apart)

When I send a play message while the player is active, I only get 1 notification.

Am I doing something wrong? What happens in your case?

It would be important to me, because I want to know wheter the user selected a file to play, or it was selected via my application.

Thanks.
What version of XBMC are you using. IIRC this problem was fixed a while ago but I'm not sure in which version.
It's V12.2 Frodo . Seems like the last version.
(2013-10-08, 10:14)radu122 Wrote: [ -> ]It's V12.2 Frodo . Seems like the last version.

The last stable release yes. But that doesn't mean that nothing has changed in the mean time. I'll have to test this with 12.2 and then with a nightly/monthly build to see if the issue still exists.
Hm I just tried it with XBMC 12.2 and for videos I always only get a single Player.OnPlay independent of whether I start playback through the GUI or JSON-RPC. For music however I get two Player.OnPlay notifications.
Then I ran the same tests with the current development version and there it works perfectly fine for both videos and music so it has already been fixed you just need to wait for the next stable version (or grab a (less stable) nightly / monthly build).
Thank you, will wait for the next release!