Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Database from PC to Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I want to know if its possible to read/import the xbmc Windows database trough a network share into XBMC for Android.
On my windows computer its easyer to import/edit my entire video and audio collection.
Is there any way to do this?

Thanx for any help on this.

Eric

PS. a workaround would be nice eather
use mysql.
Is there a workaround to use mysql?
Thanx for your reply.

Now that i know that, i try to access a mysql database at my hosting provider.
I created a database and edit a advancedsettings.xml that point to the online database.
I placed the xml file in the right directory, i can access the database but i think xbmc can not.
When i add a few movies in xbmc nothing happened in the database, i cant find a .log file.
Please i need some help with this.

Eric
Or UPnP/Share (wiki)
You don't need to create a DB XBMC will create a DB for you, you will need to have a user with pretty much full access to MySQL so the user can add DB's and update as needed.

create a debug log (wiki) and run the MySQL stuff again on windows and post your results.
That MySQL stuff seems way to complicated for such a simple task.

I just install an FTP server on my android device and put the DB in the right spot from windows to android. I use network shares to connect to my collection with XBMC on windows, so XBMC on the android device it can still connect to them. I also delete the textures DB and the thumbnail cache on the android device.

AFAIK this method works on any XBMC device as long as you're using the same DB version.
That runs the risk of corrupted the library database.
Not to mention library updates would mean you would need to re-ftp the file every-time you have new content.
Ned Scott Wrote:That runs the risk of corrupted the library database.

I've done this dozens of times since days of old and have never run into a problem with a corrupted DB.

(2013-10-09, 02:49)nokdim Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention library updates would mean you would need to re-ftp the file every-time you have new content.

False. If content changes, each device scans and adds the new stuff to the list of old stuff.

I only use the FTP method for fresh installs, after that updates happen just like they do for everyone else... automatically. And I know that a shared database has its own merits, but when you're sharing your media collection with 4 other people, those merits don't apply.
(2013-10-10, 08:55)Phillipsted Wrote: [ -> ]
Ned Scott Wrote:That runs the risk of corrupted the library database.

I've done this dozens of times since days of old and have never run into a problem with a corrupted DB.

Cool story, but don't recommend this to other people on the forum. They might not have your good luck.