Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NAS moved to different ip address; very slow to remove movies on "old source"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Summary:

Installed new router, so the ip addresses changed around quite a bit for our devices, including our NAS where XBMC media files are housed.

Used to be 192.168.0.185
Changed to 192.168.2.135

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/LKYmpbFu

I have removed the old source pointed to 192.168.0.185 and added new source pointed to 192.168.2.135. I have to admit I probably f'd up here on two occasions: I probably should have edited the old source instead with new ip address (not sure if that's possible but I should have tried that first) , and I also somehow didn't say yes to cleaning up library when it asked me as I removed the source.

So, right now I'm seeing two of everything (one pointed to old ip, another pointed to new ip)

So, actions like "Clean Library", or even "Remove From LIbrary" on individual movies is taking forever. On "Clean Library", it simply hangs. For "Remove From Library", it seems to take about 3 minutes. And I have hundreds of items to remove.

I suspect XBMC is trying to access 192.168.0.185 but it could not anymore (thus the delay in everything).

How do I get it to clean out of all items with old ip address rapidly?
Most routers have an option to set a specific ip-address for networked devices.
Usually called static dhcp or something similar.
Get a mysql e.g. SQLiteSpy editor and change the ip's in the xbmc databases, the databases stored the paths/ips as well.

Or

Assign static IPs to each device so they match old ones.
Never mind, should have read all the thread.