Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Options for streaming video from main HTPC.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got another TV and I'm looking for the best way to stream content from my main HTPC/TV Setup to the secondary TV. The secondary setup doesn't need to be too fancy, just be able to run netflix and XBMC.

I can obviously build another HTPC but are there any other cheaper options I might be overlooking?

Thanks,
Vyx
Streaming or transcoding? Windows is the choice if Netflix is a must dispite Pipelight for Linux.

Budget bro?
Not sure about streaming vs transcoding. My main HTPC is where all of my videos are stored so I would just like to be able to connect to that and play from there.

Ideally I would like to keep it to a couple hundred bucks.
look into plex if you are wanting to stream/transcode video from you htpc to mobile and other devices.
I'm in same boat as original poster. The computer in my living room has all the media on it and is running XBMC. Just got a bedroom TV and want to be able to stream from living room PC, Would have gone with Rasberry Pi but want Netflix as well. Now looking at an Ouya for $100. Is that the best option in the $100 and under range?