Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OUYA XBMC no audio when video playback. Menu-sounds work fine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After last XBMC update I don't get any sound when playing back video. All the sounds in the menu is working okay - so its not my speakers or anything else not plugged in.

I have tried to increase the audio handles to max DB in XBMC, but still no audio. My videos are mainly 720p mkv 4-6gb files. None of them plays audio. What can this be?

Best regards and thank you in advance.

PS: I did try and make a forum search for this problem beforehand - but no luck.
Ouya had to remove AC3 and DTS decoding support due to licencing issues. More info is somewhere in here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171732
any chance getting back to the old version (uninstall update) ? Confused
I think it's described in the linked thread. Google should also help. In doubt you can sideload our default Android version
I reinstalled the sep/22/build and turned off ouya updates in the advanced settings menu and that seemed to prevent the old xbmc from updating to the new no audio version. Atleast in the past 12 hours it hasn't prompted me to update. The default android version runs really awful on the Ouya.
(2013-10-07, 19:28)calev Wrote: [ -> ]I reinstalled the sep/22/build
Link?Smile Please
(2013-10-08, 00:09)kerosin33 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-07, 19:28)calev Wrote: [ -> ]I reinstalled the sep/22/build
Link?Smile Please

Post with link. I'm still unsure as to whether you can make use of your existing library, though. Will it just "hook in"? Will you have to copy it over? Will you have to export it first, and then re-import it? How exactly does this all work here?
I uninstalled the newer version first and it deleted all my stuff. Its not my main xbmc box so I didnt bother to keep my library.
(2013-10-08, 01:51)calev Wrote: [ -> ]I uninstalled the newer version first and it deleted all my stuff. Its not my main xbmc box so I didnt bother to keep my library.

Thought it may, so I guess you'll need to backup your library first.
So I stumbled upon this after I updateded my OUYA that I hadn't used in months.

I factory reset my device and installed the free file manager in the apps section of OUYA.

I visited the xmbc download page on the ouya and using a USB mouse downloaded the latest version of xmbc 12.3 frodo. You can access the browser via Make then software link from the OUYA main menu.

Using the file manager I navigated to the download folder of the console and installed the new software not using the OUYA download. After installation I rebooted the console.

After starting the console, you can retrieve the new xbmc app from the Make link on the main OUYA page. The enter the software tab. You should see the browser and the xmbc link.

All of my Mkv' s all play and have sound. Both on the and through the onkyo receiver.