Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fresh Out of the Wrapper with XBMC Help appreciated!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

As the title says I am completely new to XBMC and came across it purchasing a loaded device which I will not name. It has came loaded with software and many links to different pages as well as App options, although we are not really using the Apps much as they always seem to drop the signal or buffer a lot.

I am also relatively new to Android as well and seeking help in getting the best out of this device for viewing online services.

We have a quad processor device that can be set at quad for live streaming and dual for recorded movies etc. We do still suffer a lot of dropped signals where a TV or Movie service just closes back to the link where we selected it or closes back to home screen. Live Streaming for TV is quite low quality but that may be due to the Broadband we have, details noted below. We also get out of sync audio on Programs as well at times.

Our unit spec is Google Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, Cortex A9 Rk3188 Quad Core CPU, Quad Core Mali 400 GPU, 2GB DDR3 RAM,8GB NAND FLASH ROM
WiFi support 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHZ WIRELESS

Our Broadband online test is 3.22mb/s download and 0.733mb/s upload. We have work ongoing in the area just now with Fibre being installed between the Exchange and all the Cabinets which should be live in March/April 2014 so we HOPE this will improve the performance of this Box however PLEASE let me know if that will be the case or not!!!

ANY HELP will be appreciated as I wish to become more competent with the System. Any sites, online videos etc. to learn.

I would say in closing the company we got the Box from have been very helpful when have needed it to become accustomed to it BUT as I said above I want to be able to set it up better, change settings if required, add new Apps/pages etc and be able to use them far more productively than we can do now.

I must say in closing that what we bought and the whole XBMC is MILES better than we could ever have anticipated which is part of the drive to know more and use it better and improve our experience.

regards
G
Toy might wanna read this before continuing http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149712
Are you talking about watching these videos from within XBMC or using some other Android app outside of XBMC? If you're referring to some add-ons to XBMC, which ones are you using? If they are ones whose names you dare not speak, then we really can't help you here. If you're referring to other (non-XBMC related) Android apps, you may want to contact the app or streaming service provider.
Hi and thanks for the reply.

Firstly I should separate the points made previously as, relatively New to Android (had tablet for short time before iPad so it went in drawer but looking to resurrect it! lol) and completely New to XBMC apart from the last week.

There are apps we have like Netflixs, Lovefilm and some others and these have operating problems in use along with access through XBMC and I am trying firstly to understand the set up and setting to create stable streaming and viewing with synced audio which is an issue.

I also want to try and use XBMC beyond where I am now and willing to take time to learn to view TV and Movies far better and any/all add ons I can learn and push myself into making a far better media centre with TV, Videos, Movies, own stuff, Digital Radio etc.

If these units had cooling, heating, water, electrics running out of them I would be fine as I am Mechanical/Electrical Engineer who uses computers for work but certainly not programming but willing to learn from basics up.

So its really XBMC and integration I want to know and where to start with that.

Hope that helps rather than muddys water further.
(2013-10-07, 21:36)GM1965 Wrote: [ -> ]There are apps we have like Netflixs, Lovefilm and some others and these have operating problems in use along with access through XBMC and I am trying firstly to understand the set up and setting to create stable streaming and viewing with synced audio which is an issue.
Yeah, there's not much XBMC can do here as this appears to be an overall network issue affecting any app performing tasks, such as video streaming, that requires fast and consistent download speeds, which it doesn't appear you have in your house:
(2013-10-07, 15:51)GM1965 Wrote: [ -> ]Our Broadband online test is 3.22mb/s download and 0.733mb/s upload.
If that score is for a wired connection, then your WiFi download speed is even slower.