Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Videos load extremely slowly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so please forgive me if I am missing something obvious here, but I am having trouble with playing music videos in XBMC.

I have a lot of foreign music videos that are absent from the music video DB so I decided to just set the content as "none". All the files are on the local hard drive, so there shouldn't be any issue with playback, however, whenever I play a video it will take a minute or so to load - regardless of size. Once it plays it is fine and it has no problem playing the next video right after the first if I let it run. But if I stop the video prematurely and choose another one, the same minute wait happens again.

I have another video folder on the local hard drive for karaoke videos where the content is also set to "none", but these videos play perfectly. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that this karaoke folder has separate subfolders for artists, where as the music video folder is flat with around 900 videos inside...? I dont know, could this be the problem?

Any info and/or help would be very much welcomed.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Enable debug logging in XBMC, launch a foreign music video and wait for it to finally start playing. Stop it. Now launch a karaoke video and wait for it to start playing. Stop it. Locate and examine your debug log (wiki) to compare the two video startups and see what is delaying the start of the music video vs. that of the karaoke video.
Great! Will do. I'll find the logs and then if I have any more questions I will post them here.
Thank you!
See here on how to upload a log and post a link to it: debug log (wiki)
(i.e., don't paste log contents directly in post)
Hi there,

I followed the steps to create a log and think I did it correctly. If anyone could help me understand what is going on that would be much appreciated. Thank you!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=68773
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone had some ideas about the above! Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!