Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc android build cant use boost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a newbie and trying to builf the xbmc on android.

I am using:

android-ndk-r8-crystax-1-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
xbmc-12.2.tar.gz
and the latest android sdk

I followed the readme instructions to the T with a configure of:

./configure --with-ndk=/home/jerry/crystax_android_ndk/android-ndk-r8-crystax-1 --with-sdk=/home/jerry/Desktop/adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20130729/sdk --with-toolchain=/home/jerry/crystax_android_ndk/android-9 --with-tarballs=/home/jerry/xbmc-tarballs --prefix=/home/jerry/Desktop/xbmc-12.2/tools/android/depends --host=arm-linux-androideabi

And I get to the point where I build from the xbmc directory (make -C tools/android/depends/xbmc).

I get an error concerning boost

| #define HAVE_STRTOL 1
| #define HAVE_STRTOUL 1
| #define HAVE_SYSINFO 1
| #define HAVE_TZSET 1
| #define HAVE_UTIME 1
| #define SIZEOF_INT 4
| #define SIZEOF_SIZE_T 4
| #define HAS_BUILTIN_SYNC_ADD_AND_FETCH 1
| #define HAS_BUILTIN_SYNC_SUB_AND_FETCH 1
| #define HAS_BUILTIN_SYNC_VAL_COMPARE_AND_SWAP 1
| #define SIZEOF_WCHAR_T 4
| #define HAVE_INOTIFY 1
| /* end confdefs.h. */
| #include <boost/shared_ptr.hpp>
configure:20384: result: no
configure:20384: checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp
configure:20384: result: no
configure:20388: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

do you know why this is happening?
did you actually make depends ?
I copied the depends folder from the stable download, xbmc-12.2.tar.gz, since Git did not seem to have it.

Also I get the following errors during "make -j12",

checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... /home/crystax/work/ndk/platform/ndk/sources/crystax/src/gdtoa/_hdtoa.c:112: error: undefined reference to '__fpclassifyd'
/home/crystax/work/ndk/platform/ndk/sources/crystax/src/gdtoa/_ldtoa.c:108: error: undefined reference to '__fpclassifyd'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [lzotest] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/jerry/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/liblzo2/armeabi-v7a/lzotest'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/jerry/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/liblzo2/armeabi-v7a'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jerry/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/liblzo2/armeabi-v7a'
make[1]: *** [armeabi-v7a/src/.libs/liblzo2.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jerry/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/liblzo2'
make: *** [liblzo2] Error 2
no
Update:

I found that I had an old readme.android and the depends folder was moved. I built this one and still get the same error

It also seems as if the documentation switches between the android-9 and android-14 platforms. However, both give the same error.
you need to actually build make -C tools/depends

cat tools/depends/README

then

make

'make -C tools/android/depends/xbmc' is old. as is xbmc-12.2.tar.gz. Build from mainline
I face the same problem ,who can help me? thanks a lot ,the following is error log:
/opt/android-toolchain/android-14/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc -DANDROID -Os -fexceptions -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -I/opt/xbmc-deps/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/include/android-14 -isystem /opt/xbmc-deps/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/include -o pcretest pcretest.o -L/opt/xbmc-deps/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/lib -L/opt/xbmc-deps/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/lib/android-14 ./.libs/libpcreposix.a /home/liuxiaoyao/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target/pcre/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/.libs/libpcre.a
/home/crystax/work/ndk/platform/ndk/sources/crystax/src/gdtoa/_hdtoa.c:112: error: undefined reference to '__fpclassifyd'
/home/crystax/work/ndk/platform/ndk/sources/crystax/src/gdtoa/_ldtoa.c:108: error: undefined reference to '__fpclassifyd'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [pcretest] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/liuxiaoyao/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target/pcre/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/liuxiaoyao/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target/pcre/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14'
make[2]: *** [arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/.libs/libpcre.a] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/liuxiaoyao/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target/pcre'
make[1]: *** [pcre] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/liuxiaoyao/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target'
make: *** [target/.installed-arm-linux-androideabi-android-14] Error 2
could you stop cross posting your issue all over the forum please? - its really hard to track your issue between different threads.