Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: hdmi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys i been looking for 2 days how to get sound through hdmi to tv it works with live streaming but no sound on xbmc any help please
(2013-10-09, 00:22)pitselos Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys i been looking for 2 days how to get sound through hdmi to tv it works with live streaming but no sound on xbmc any help please

If you're seeing video via HDMI on your TV set but you hear audio through your computer speakers, try this:

1. Go to MUSIC and set up a song. Play it and you should hear it on your computer speakers. (You're seeing the XMBC display on your TV set. Don't try to use a movie for this test, it won't work.)

2. While the song is still playing go to SYSTEM > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > AUDIO OUTPUT:
... Find "Audio output device" near the bottom of the screen.
... Click the down arrowhead until you hear audio coming out of your TV set.

3. Now you should be able to play your video with sound via HDMI.

Hope this helps,
Skylark
(2013-10-09, 01:19)Skylark Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for you suggestion no go still no sound on xmbc only video all other sides plays sound and videos
(2013-10-09, 00:22)pitselos Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys i been looking for 2 days how to get sound through hdmi to tv it works with live streaming but no sound on xbmc any help please

If you're seeing video via HDMI on your TV set but you hear audio through your computer speakers, try this:

1. Go to MUSIC and set up a song. Play it and you should hear it on your computer speakers. (You're seeing the XMBC display on your TV set. Don't try to use a movie for this test, it won't work.)

2. While the song is still playing go to SYSTEM > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > AUDIO OUTPUT:
... Find "Audio output device" near the bottom of the screen.
... Click the down arrowhead until you hear audio coming out of your TV set.

3. Now you should be able to play your video with sound via HDMI.

Hope this helps,
Skylark