Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Karaoke displays incorrectly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I'm working with a fresh install of a rooted MK809 Android MiniPC running Finless 1.7 and the latest stable Frodo release of XBMC, plugged into a Hitachi 42" 1920x1080 plasma TV. All of XBMC runs well until I attempt to play a karaoke song (mp3+cdg), at which point the karaoke text displays at what appears to be the wrong resolution. Essentially, only the "Upper Left" portion of the words appear on screen. To illustrate, here are some pictures:

Image shows my Karaoke settings

Image shows the opening screen, where you can see that the bulk of the words are not on screen.

Image shows the lyrics during play. Again, the screen only displays part of the lyrics.

To summarize, it seems like the resolution for the lyrics isn't set to 1920x1080. The size and style is not affected by the settings under karaoke, most likely because .cdg files are self-contained binaries that can display any image and text that they want; they don't rely on the underlying player to be displayed.

Here's a test song to use (Counting Crows' "Daylight Fading) and its companion .cdg file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5dggrjw0x8tlfaa
http://www.mediafire.com/?eukc4kkdvydbbyj

Please let me know if there's anything else I can supply to assist with this, and thank you so much for helping me out!
Is there another forum where I can seek assistance for this issue?
Hey folks

I'm having the same issue, sadly, running XBMC on Ouya.

If anyone has any advice or pointers, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks
D
I've had 2 people that are having the same issue.
They are using an OUYA.
Sorry guys, we don't currently have an active karaoke dev :(

My fog machine is waiting.
Actually I've noticed more than one bug with the internal karaoke code.
It also crashes sometimes.
I might even take a look at the code myself to solve it (if I find time to do this)

(2013-11-14, 18:15)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]My fog machine is waiting.
lol
Hi guys! Any news on a possible fix?

I really wanted This to work on the OUYA Sad

Thx!!
Same issue with Ouya. The previous plugin that I used through Hub Wizard, Mikey's Karaoke, worked fine. But since updating to Frodo and the built in karaoke handling none of the files display properly.
Has anyone sorted this problem out yet
Working on it...
I got a house karaoke party next weekend, anyone got any ideas on a cure for this, i am sure i had this working once before, but it might of been a earlyer version of xbmc.

will try to skip back some versions this weekend then report back,

is there any settings we could change in the advancesettings.xml file
This has been fixed in latest nightlies.