Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video pausing then stopping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First up, apologies if this is a super-common problem, but I've had a search and can't find anything exactly like I have. And also apologies for not knowing tons about my hardware. Hopefully it's something that can be resolved without me having to find the invoice for the stuff I bought.

Hardware - custom built PC, no really cheap or really expensive parts
Plugged into a TV via HDMI port
Streaming via WD Livewire ethernet boxes

It's a Windows machine, but it streams from my main desktop upstairs, which is a Mac. It started off fine, but developed this problem fairly early on into its working life.

I'd be playing a video, and a seemingly random amount of time into it (but often around the 18-19 minute mark in a 22 minute sitcom) it would pause for maybe 5-10 seconds, then stop without me touching anything. This happened, no matter the sort of video file I was playing, or the length of it.

Everything else works fine, I can watch complete movies via one of the plugins and stream live TV with no problems at all.

So, I was hoping some XMBC expert would be able to say "hey, dummy, change setting X and everything should be fine" (but, y'know, a bit more polite). Can anyone help?
To give a little more information, the videos I'm watching are TV shows I've downloaded, mostly. This problem affects videos both when they're being played direct from a RAR file, and after I've unzipped them into a single video file.