Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot access local files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So today I tried to do use XBMC to access some files and it couldn't find any that were on the local harddrive or were on a mapped network drive. Anyway that were connected through an SMB share worked just fine, so I could still access Movies and Music on the remote drive, but I couldn't access a bunch of media that was stored locally.

When I open up my file manager, I can't see any of the local computer or any of the drives, just "Profile Directory" and "Add Source". That seems pretty weird. Can anyone tell me what's going on and how I get it back to normal?

Here is a screenshot
http://imgur.com/EQrdN24
Just add a source... browse to the source/drive you want.
I know I can do that, but it's been working fine for months, why would it suddenly lose access to everything outside of its install path?
Ah I see, your message wasn't quite clear, now I get the picture. For some reason you had a hiccup and have lost some of the sources. I'm really not sure how or why (numerous possibilities here that will wear out my fingers) but one of the best reasons to have your files in separate named (date) folders and export the video library to separate files. A rescrape would be done quickly and local.