Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Auto change audio from pc to tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys

So here's my question.

I currently have XBMC on my main computer. Every now and again I watch videos on my pc monitor however I have a long HD cable connecting to my TV.
When I want to switch the output from my pc monitor to my tv I use the NVidia control panel and change the displays. For most (if not all) other programs, such as iTunes, VLC player, games etc the audio also goes across to the TV however with XBMC the audio output seems to stay on the pc monitor (well my pc speakers to be exact).
I can manually change the audio output from the speakers to the TV (aslong as I open XBMC AFTER changing the display to the TV) and it works fine but obviously that becomes somewhat frustrating having to do it every time.

I would prefer if the audio just switched from the speakers to the TV when the displays changed. I have had a good look around on the internet and haven't found a solution as of yet so was just wondering if anyone here had an answer Smile

Thanks in advance
Ellspeedy
You're setting up the audio for one device and XBMC recalls those settings when you start it up.. it doesn't auto switch given handshaking initialization over the HDMI cable has already been completed. Set-up a script to open directly on a given device with the parameters of your choice.
Hi thanks for the response

Im new to XBMC so would you be able to explain how to go about setting that up please?