Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cant find XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi:
This may not be a new problem but it is annoying as heck for me. I have XBMC installed on 2 Windows 7 computers and the XBMC Remote installed on my iPhone 5 with ios 7.0.1. The problem I am having is the I can connect with the remote to one of the computers but not the other. I have all the settings equal but still get a "No XBMC instances were found Sad" for one of the computers. Has anyone else encountered this and how did you overcome it? Thank you.
Check a firewall isn't blocking posts on the other machine?

Try "netstat -an" to confirm the ports are listening on both, compare the results.

You did remember to enable remote access on the other, right?
Thanks preacher - I tried that on the command prompt and had a huge list come. Unfortunately I am not sure what I am looking for here.
I wonder if port forwarding on my router would help?
Incidentally, on the same PC that will not find XBMC I can run XBMCbuntu live CD and it finds it immediately - no delay. I'm thinking of creating a bootable jump drive and always running it this way.
Unless of course there are other ideas I should try first.
Thank you.
Port forwarding will not help.

Make sure "network discovery" is enabled on your windows machines. If that doesn't help......

It is possible you have some domain/browse issues. You can try any or all of the last three registry changes listed in this post on your Win 7 machines and see if that helps. (Domain master should only be one machine)
Jump drive idea didn't work. Would not load.
Disable windows firewall and see if that helps.