Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SFTP access on Android device - does it work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chaps, I need some advice on the following matter.

I have an Android device running XBMC Frodo v12.2 and am trying to connect to it via SFTP from a Windows machine wthout any success
All attempts are met with the message 'Network error. Connection refused' using WinSCP or PuTTY

I have tried logging in with my XBMC user name/password, plus numerous other user/password combinations without any luck

My understanding is that XBMC is shipped with Openssh server as standard and uses Port 22 for this purpose.
Looking at my XBMC log does not show a server start-up.

Has anyone else had succes with such a configuration? Or is only XBMCbuntu installations that work?

As a test I installed a SFTP server on the Android device and managed to connect to it from the Windows PC.
Unfortunately I couldn't specify Port 22 and had to use a much higher port address.
A network scan of ports on the Android device correctly identified the port I had nominated but nothing about Port 22

Has anyone any ideas as to what I could try next - I am all out of ideas.

Thanks
Quote:My understanding is that XBMC is shipped with Openssh server as standard and uses Port 22 for this purpose.

Who told you that? XBMC does not come with an SFTP server. Something like that is normally provided by the operating system. For XBMCbuntu, it is the Ubuntu OS that provides SFTP.
Ok, thanks for the prompt response. I had my suspicions but needed to be sure before proceeding any further.