Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: digital devices cine c/t not recognised with lspci
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

I have upgraded my HTPC recently, installed XBMCbuntu and experience problems with the new tv card, a digital devices cine c/t.

lspci does not give any output for the card:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 04)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 04)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev c4)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev c4)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation H77 Express Chipset LPC Controller (rev 04)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 04)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 04)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 06)

Is there anything I can do about that?
Or is my card broken?

Thank you for your help!

Regards
Xeros
I'm afraid the card is broken.
It should be listed even if you haven't loaded any kernel modules.
Thank you for the feedback ...
One question before i throw away my card:
Could it also be that the mainboard is broken?
Sure, test it in another pc if you ca.
I have read on a couple of German forums that some has received DOAs, although I think this was the S2 card.
I would like to give you a final update:
The card was recognised in another computer with lspci - big surprise.
Five minutes on Google got me on the right track: the BIOS of the H77M-ITX mainboard has different options for the pci-e (PCI-E version 1/2/3 and Auto) where the standard Auto setting does not work with this tv card ...
After changing the pci-e setting in BIOS the card is now recognised! Smile

So f***ing much time I have spent to find that out, hopefully this post will save some frustration for someone else.