Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Getting a understanding of install add-on for window version of xmbc -Noobs here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all

Just wondering about a few thing in regards to xmbc like youku and those that say you need plugin.

when you install the repo for example. Youku (repo from super repo) is their some else you might do to get the plugin or isit a scipt you need to write up to do in to xmbc file ?

i seem a lots of the xmbc repo require plugins..
A repo is (essentially) just a list of plugins, hosted and maintained by a particular organisation or person. It does nothing itself - it is just a convenient way of installing plugins and automatically receiving updates for them later.
The XBMC.org repo is installed by default on a new XBMC install. Others you need to install yourself.
Once you have the repo, you can install a plugin (add-on) from it per instructions here.
So when their is a script error for example plugin.video.youku does this mean the path is wrong or changed?.

So to update the script i would have to go to the plugin in the folder and change it i guess?.
If you get an error when running an add-on, you need to enable debug logging in XBMC, reproduce the error and review your debug log (wiki) to determine the cause of the error. If it's not something you can resolve yourself (e.g., the add-on is broken due to changes on the streaming site), you need to contact the add-on's author or hosting site for support.