Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Streaming XBMC to watch on my TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have 2 video plugins I depend on. Everything works fine on my computer. One of these plugins requires I connect to VPN for it to work.

I have a bluray which can get XBMC over DLNA, a Roku, Xbox 360, and an HDMI cable. The only thing that kind of works is the HDMI, because when I plug it in it is a bit laggy , although when played via the computer it works perfectly.

How can I get this onto my TV?
I was thinking of dropping $160 on wireless HDMI and returning my Roku for $60 but if it is kind of laggy with an actual cord I don't think it will be better wirelessly. I'm not sure why it has slight lag though, because it works fine on the computer.

The problem with using the DLNA on the bluray is that video plug ins don't show up.

I don't know what else there is to do. I looked at google chromecast but it isn't cracked yet for XBMC.
Also looked at raspberry pi but i'm not sure how using a vpn for one of those plug ins would work, or if I can put video plug ins on it. Also not sure if it would be strong enough to stream 720p/1080p.
Likely incorrect audio settings when using HDMI, are you connected direct to a TV?

If so set:

Audio output: Analog
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Audio output device: HDMI - Directsound*

*The exact name of this will vary depending on your hardware.
Connected to an AV Receiver.
I tried putting these settings but no go.
Then a better explanation of the problem and how everything is connected is needed plus a debug log_file (wiki) of you playing something showing the problem.