Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multipart Episode File Adding into Library with Repeated Episodes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I've only just started using XBMC and its been great so far. I have come to renaming some files so they add correctly.

I have some copies of Spawn which contain 3 episodes per file. I have tried a few of the naming conventions on the wiki but when I scan for new content it seems to always add the second episode in the file name twice and not add the first.

For example I have the filename:

spawn.s01e04.s01e05.s01e06.mkv

When I scan for it I get the correct names for Episode 5 and 6 except there are two instances of Episode 5 and none of 4.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be great. Thanks
Firstly, i would think a debug log would greatly decrease the guess work here.

I have a few multi episode files, and use the spawn.s01e01e02e03.mkv convention, but according to the wiki, your naming convention is fine.

Something that I am just thinking of, it might be that xbmc is not adding the episode more than once, every time you rename, and rescan, it will be picked up as a new instance of the episode, and because you said

(2013-10-16, 14:35)mickmok Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried a few of the naming conventions

so i would think that maybe the old named files are still in the database, doing a clean library would sort this out for you, if that is where the problem lies.
Hi thanks for the reply. I will try and grab a log tonight.

I didn't mention in my initial post but yes when rescanning when there are new files was adding multiple instances of the same episode however I was removing them all and rescanning which was still posing an issue. However now that you mention that if I did an initial scan which created the two second episodes, then rescanned again it would duplicate a bunch of the episodes but the first one would be there...

Maybe I will try doing that and then just removing the ones that no longer apply. I'll have to try it out later.