Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help me modding Aeon Nox please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I would like to mod aeon nox to my likings but I have no idea on how to do this, I took a look in the xml files but they didnt make any sense to me. Anyways I would like to change the top bar, library statistics panel, time panel and submenu style from the transparant black bar to the RRS white style bar like this

I would also like to remove the rounded cover view in posters, shift and showcase view. And my last request is to disable the loading splash screen when u start xbmc,
I'm on 4.19 btw if that makes a diffrence.

Thanks in advance Smile
There is a theme for square posters already. Also, you can mod the menu appearance using a whole array of colors/styles via skin settings. As for the splash screen, many have asked and it's never been done. Apparently things can and frequently do go horribly wrong if you don't have it.
The square theme is nowhere to be found in 4.19, perhaps I can create my own color theme for the square boxes shouldnt be so hard I think.
As for the bar styles I'm aware that you can mod the skin with colors in the settings but its not the same thing, the closest that I get to white is gray and it's also too transparant making it hard for me to read the text on several wallpapers. Perhaps I can create my own color theme for the square boxes.
I would recommend using the GIT version so you can view textures and change the necessary files you may need. I worked on a PTV skin using some coding from Nox and all I can say is if you aren't comfortable with programming it can be quite a challenge. I've often thought of making changing to certain screens but there are a lot of id tags and other instances that made things difficult. There are some pretty decent Wiki's that should be able to help you for most things, but it is challenging and quite time consuming.

All of the files you will want to edit are located in C:\Users\'user name'\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i
About the colours, you can choose any colour you wish if you use the colorpicker addon script.

As for square theme, it isn't yet compressed into it's xbt file, but it does exist under script.aeon.nox\themes\square. You can compress it into the xbt file or copy/paste it into the media folder.

Also, not sure if it will cause issues as it was designed for 4.0.9 but, the nox extras downloader script gives you access to the square/white/brushed themes and much more.
Thanks for the GIT hint i downloaded the new overlay version and noticed that everything was unpacked as you said. This is what I got so far, I got to change the style of every bar I wanted to the RSS bar style the only thing thats left is the font color which requires XML editing do any of you got any idea in which xml files I can find the font for top bars and home screen text color?

also managed to remove the splash screen by modifying all time offsets in startup.xml, works fine!
ok I figured it all out thx anyway!

If you don't mind posting some details about how you resolved your issue it would be greatly appreciated. Odds are that another user may want to do something similar in the future and would benefit from your details. Thanks
Any chance on sharing the details on how you managed this?
Looks great!