Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ah, thanks for that. That explains it, it was indeed enabled.

I did see a lot of this though:
Code:
18:20:17 253.345490 T:2699629632   FATAL: Platinum [platinum.core.service]: Failed to parse scpd: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                                            <body/>
18:20:17 253.345657 T:2699629632   ERROR: Platinum [platinum.core.ctrlpoint]: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-1 (FAILURE) [(res)]
18:20:17 253.345795 T:2699629632   ERROR: Platinum [platinum.core.ctrlpoint]: Bad SCPD response for device "msmbl":<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
Anybody know if there is something I need to troubleshoot or is this normal?
I think it's "normal", as I saw all that junk too with a Windows PC and Squeezebox UPnP server.

Disabling component debug logging stopped the UPnP junk appearing in the log, although as these messages are being logged as errors/warnings you'd think they would still be logged regardless of the debug setting, unless they're not really errors/warnings and just log spam...
(2014-11-02, 19:17)miappa Wrote: [ -> ]The 'house_keeping.py failed' is most certainly from an addon that you have installed. A debug log will probably show which one.
I am also seeing the Raspbmc settings failed message, but I have not seen any ussues though, and the plugin seems to work.

@popcornmix
Some feedback;
The CEC repeat function is awesome, thanks for this!
I had forgotten how much I have missed this function.
I have a Panasonic Viera ST50 and my settings are 300 / 80 / 0.

One problem though:
I see a lot of suspicious activity regarding Platinum (UPnP?) in the log and i´s spamming quite heavily.
My log went to over 1MB in only a few minutes or so, and the activity disappears if I disable UPnP.
Log: http://pastebin.com/E5yFWK8q

I was watching the log on ssh and saw a lot of that! I have disabled upnp for now as I do not use it. I have a shared MySql setup.

The house_keeping.py sems to related to the tvcatchup addon not being able to import a module called simplejson.

Code:
17:05:29  47.688553 T:2904147008   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named requests
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141102-nc4/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/kodi/addons/script.raspbmc.settings/autostart.py", line 24, in <module>
                                                import requests
                                            ImportError: No module named requests
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
17:05:31  50.278568 T:2887369792  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:05:32  51.507816 T:2887369792   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named simplejson
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.tvcatchup/house_keeping.py", line 20, in <module>
                                                import buggalo
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.tvcatchup/buggalo.py", line 33, in <module>
                                                import simplejson
                                            ImportError: No module named simplejson
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Cheers
Spart
Well, booted nicely into Kodi.

Didn't get the house_keeping.py failed message, but did get the settings failed warning.

But, my OK or select button isn't working. can up down left and right in main menu, but can't select any menu options.
Has something changed in regards to remotes?
(2014-11-02, 19:39)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]But, my OK or select button isn't working. can up down left and right in main menu, but can't select any menu options.

CEC/IR/USB?
There are many changes regarding CEC, but I don´t think that anything else has changed (such as lircmap.xml), but I am not sure.
Are you using CEC?
If so, try to reboot and power cycle your TV. Also, if you can enable/disable CEC on your TV, try that too (and/or choose device).
Sometimes my TV recognizes my Pi as a recorder instead of a player and several buttons will not work in that state. Reboot and power cycle always work.

@sparticle
You probably want to disable the component-logging in Settings - System - Debugging. You can enable UPnP again after that.
(2014-11-02, 19:47)miappa Wrote: [ -> ]There are many changes regarding CEC, but I don´t think that anything else has changed (such as lircmap.xml), but I am not sure.
Are you using CEC?
If so, try to reboot and power cycle your TV. Also, if you can enable/disable CEC on your TV, try that too (and/or choose device).
Sometimes my TV recognizes my Pi as a recorder instead of a player and several buttons will not work in that state. Reboot and power cycle always work.

@sparticle
You probably want to disable the component-logging in Settings - System - Debugging. You can enable UPnP again after that.

Yeah, did that when I saw the detail level. Don't need upnp though, although I read that shared mysql was probably going away in the future. So maybe I need to spend sometime understanding how to share libraries through upnp. I have 5 pi clients that share and a few other clients of various flavours, but the pi is my main focus as they are in all the rooms as the main entertainment source.

Cheers
Spart
(2014-11-02, 19:47)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-02, 19:39)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]But, my OK or select button isn't working. can up down left and right in main menu, but can't select any menu options.

CEC/IR/USB?

Sorry, should have mentioned.

USB Ir Receiver. Standard HP Media Centre IR Receiver. Harmony remote set to same.
Working in Gotham, but not this test build.
Sorry to say, this isn't my test Pi so haven't been using any of Miappa's build on it.
Not sure if/When it occurred.
There are many changes regarding remotes when you compare Gotham and latest Helix.
Lircmap.xml is identical, but you could try to copy the Gotham default keymaps to your userdata and see if that helps.
Code:
mv /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps.bak
cp -R /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system/keymaps /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps
Edit: And reboot to activate it of course...

Have you set this remote up specifically? Or was it just plug-n-play?
It was Plug and Play.

I have customized a couple of extra buttons, and that's it.
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <red>togglewatched</red>
      <green>queue</green>
      <yellow>ShowSubtitles</yellow>
      <blue>UpdateLibrary(video)</blue>
    </remote>
  </global>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <remote>
      <back>SmallStepBack</back>
      <pageplus>SkipNext</pageplus>
      <pageminus>SkipPrevious</pageminus>
    </remote>
  </FullscreenVideo>
  <VideoOSD>
    <remote>
      <back>PreviousMenu</back>
      <menu>Close</menu>
      <start>Close</start>
    </remote>
  </VideoOSD>
  <OSDVideoSettings>
    <remote>
      <back>Close</back>
    </remote>
  </OSDVideoSettings>
</keymap>

Will give it a go.
Nope, still no Select function.

And that's all the time I have for now. Got to go to work.

Just a quick test. Tried irw but get No such file or directory
So will have to wait for tonight to further test.

bummer.
I really don´t know much about remotes as I always used CEC, and I don+t have anything to test with.
You could post in the Raspbmc forums to get more support.
(2014-11-02, 20:37)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick test. Tried irw but get No such file or directory

Try:
Code:
irw /run/lirc/lircd

(or whatever the path is for the lircd socket file on Raspbian/Raspbmc - the above is taken from OpenELEC)
(2014-11-02, 21:08)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]Try:
Code:
irw /run/lirc/lircd

(or whatever the path is for the lircd socket file on Raspbian/Raspbmc - the above is taken from OpenELEC)
Will give that a try tonight.

@miappa

Your script to switch back to XBMC, do I need to do anything regarding selecting which XBMC build to run? or this doesn't matter, your script takes care of all that?
Just in case I can't get it running smoothly before the wife wants to use the Pi, might need to switch back.
Quote:If you for example want to revert to the release version, run ’sudo sh enable-xbmc.sh’ + delete the .xbmc-current link.
er, delete what link? and how. please.....