Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-01-30, 00:33)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-29, 19:27)doldi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi vbat99

On my Harmony 785 is that Delay adjustable, of course :-)

I had problems with the DVICO Mediaplayer - resolverd.
Have a look in / to the settings of Logitech Remote Soft.

I'm searching long time for the "Context " (right Click on mouse) IR command for Raspberry .... nothing will work, hmmm
Standard Codecs have 4 marks - this cotext however 8th, argh.

....but this is really something ot here :-)

;-)

As mentioned, this isn't a Harmony delay issue, as same remote used for XBMCbuntu Gotham, and delay between holding down the key, and repeat is half a second? smigen either way?

But on Raspbmc, I read the repeat-delay is 1000ms.
For example, list of movies, press and hold down to run through the list, and you can count 1 thousand and 1, and then Raspbmc starts flicking down the list.

I'd love to get this reduced, if it's not possible, then it's not possible.

Here's the answer http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?...7#pid95217
(2014-01-30, 17:57)Etheric Wrote: [ -> ]22:48:24 99695.484375 T:3039698944 WARNING: Unable to resolve: libcurl-gnutls.so.4 CRYPTO_set_id_callback, reason: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: undefined symbol: CRYPTO_set_id_callback

Vaguely related. raspbmc shouldn't be using libcurl-gnutls. See:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3112

for the no gnutls vibe.

It causes this issue on Pi:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14674#comment:19

and has been fixed on openelec (https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...41b3fe77a0).

I've asked Sam to change it on raspbmc, but no action yet.

It might be worth trying to remove libcurl4-gnutls-dev and install libcurl4-openssl-dev and then reconfiguring raspbmc.
(2014-01-30, 18:08)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]It might be worth trying to remove libcurl4-gnutls-dev and install libcurl4-openssl-dev and then reconfiguring raspbmc.

Thanks for the quick response! I'll give this a try tonight...
Thanks popcornmix.
And, can confirm that the crash is probably related, I noticed that my last crash messed up the symlink to XBMC causing similar behavior.
Running fine now on nc3 without that PR.
*** Deleted ***
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master Jan 29 + newclock3.
See here to compare with XBMC master.

Some info:
XBMC master from Jan 29
• Repo and addon improvement + HLS variant selection now in master
• DVDPlayer with hardware acceleration (optional video/dvd player)
• Fix: Season art (should help Amber/skin.widget users)
• Fix for EDL files and OMXPlayer
• Reverted libcurl/openssl thread-safe

Recommendations:
• Libdvdcss (see post #1), this might be required
• Latest firmware from master required for passtrhough with PA/DVDPlayer (see post #1)
Fresh guisettings.xml if you come from Frodo or old Gotham
• Recheck all settings after install

For DVDPlayer testers, see post #1 (Alternative players).
NB! Additional settings in config.txt is no longer needed for passthrough with PA and DVDPlayer and should be removed (latest firmware required)!

To install, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140130-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/5NYNZP --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140130-nc3
pv xbmc-13-20140130-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140130-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140130-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Activate new build in "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly…/Switch…”, choose new build + restart XBMC.
(2014-01-27, 12:46)miappa Wrote: [ -> ]It´s easy to test and I don´t think you need that much memory to be able to play DVD iso´s.
I have a feeling that the problem is when playing HD content.

But of course I am not certain, so test it and see how it works.

Thanks, I finally got some time to setup the latest test build (xbmc-13-20140128-nc3) last night and play with some DVD's. I love the feature where I can choose to play it with OMXPLayer or DVDPlayer, so it's easy to compare behavior!

Here's my findings:
- The problem with subtitles (not showing at all in the last +/- 8 seconds before chapter point and end-of-video) that is still existing on the official raspbmc release is solved now for both OMXPLayer and DVDPlayer. Very nice!
- Menu behavior is different for OMXPlayer and DVDPlayer. Unfortunately DVDPlayer isn't necessarily 'better' than OMXPLayer yet. Some stuff that doesn't work properly on OMXPLayer is working properly on DVDPlayer, and vice versa.
- Some videos in the menu structures are played back very 'choppy'. It almost seems as if HW acceleration is not used all the time. It seems that some animated menus and/or transitional videos in the menus are decoded by software.

I didn't play with DVDPlayer for other formats. To me it seems that OMXPlayer is doing a fine job in that respect :-)

Wouldn't it be an idea to create a library of problematic dvd's (without the main movie, of course) so anybody who's working on this can test on the same set of DVD's? I'd be happy to contribute to such a library. I guess it can help greatly to have such a standard test set, and it seems better than just saying things like "buttons on menu blahblah on movie such and such are not showing", without anybody working on this being able to reproduce...
Proper DVD playback support is an important feature for me for raspbmc, and I'd be very happy to help getting this realized...
Tried to compile newclock3 with the ne bavison commits, got the following error: http://pastebin.com/wG7L4iJN
My xbmc is crashing when I remove&delete an episode from library. There's nothing in the log. Where else can I check?
Using Jan-30 build
@fernandovg
I had crashes when going into the System info page on that build, maybe something went wrong with that one.
I will upload a build shortly which is from yesterday, though before the bavison commits went into newclock3.
It´s been working good for me without any crashes so far, I´ll let you know as soon as I have uploaded it.
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master Jan 31 + newclock3.

Some info:
XBMC master from Jan 31 (Feb 01/02 NOT included)
• Peripherals: don't show notifications for new devices during the initial scan
• DVDPlayer with hardware acceleration (optional video/dvd player)
• Same newclock3 commits as previous build (koyings libcurl/openssl PR reverted, new bavison commits NOT included)
• Might fix issues with crashes in last build

Recommendations:
• Firmware from master (Jan 28 or later) required for passtrhough with PA/DVDPlayer (see post #1)

NB! Additional settings in config.txt is no longer needed for passthrough with PA and DVDPlayer and should be removed!

To install, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140201-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/rmepue --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140201-nc3
pv xbmc-13-20140201-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140201-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140201-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
Activate new build in "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly…/Switch…”, choose new build + restart XBMC.
(2014-02-01, 21:07)miappa Wrote: [ -> ]Tried to compile newclock3 with the ne bavison commits, got the following error: http://pastebin.com/wG7L4iJN

I've added a commit that might fix this.
Also some new dvdcodec commits that improve bad behaviour on seeks.
Thanks, I´ll give it a shot.
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master Jan 31 + newclock3 from Feb 02.
See here for newclock3 commits.

Some new info:
XBMC master from Jan 31
• Improvement for text rendering (bavison patches)
• Fixes to improve seek
• + same newclock3 commits as previous build (koyings libcurl/openssl PR reverted)

Recommendations:
• Firmware from master (Jan 28 or later) required for passtrhough with PA/DVDPlayer (see post #1)

To install, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140202-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/St2IQX --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140202-nc3
pv xbmc-13-20140202-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140202-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140202-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system

removed151214

Loving this latest build - using DVDPlayer, recorded tv (WMC back end) now skips forward and back without an issue, and a few h.264 files that wouldn't play on previous builds are now working perfectly.

Only remaining issue with DVDPlayer for me is that it doesn't detect the aspect ratio of recorded tv (presumably to save bandwidth a lot of Freeview UK channels aren't broadcast in their native aspect ratio. For example I'm watching a recording from ITV right now, whose resolution is 720x576, but should be displayed 16x9). OMXPlayer displays it correctly. However, not enough of a problem to stop me switching over to DVDPlayer fulltime.

Only other problem I have is XBMC crashing when I close my skin shortcuts plugin, with nothing in the log. I'm (trying) to build my own copy of XBMC without all the fantastic patches in these versions, so I can at least confirm if it's a problem specifically with these builds.