Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You could just download the firrmware files to your computer, put the SD card in your computer and copy the files to your SD.
(2014-02-25, 20:32)R-max Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your help but it looks too complicated for me to update the firmware without a step by step tutorial
i'll have to go back to a previous build

untested, but this should work:
Code:
sudo wget https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/raw/master/fixup_x.dat -O /boot/fixup_x.dat
sudo wget https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/raw/master/start_x.elf -O /boot/start_x.elf
sudo reboot
Make sure you enter it correctly (e.g. with copy+paste) as getting the URL wrong will stop it booting.
(2014-02-25, 20:37)miappa Wrote: [ -> ]You could just download the firrmware files to your computer, put the SD card in your computer and copy the files to your SD.

Wouah that was simple !! and now the video is perfectly fine !!!!! no jumping but I'M jumping in my living room
@popcornmix and @miappa Thanks a lot guys !!! i really appreciate
(2014-02-25, 20:38)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
sudo wget https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/raw/master/fixup_x.dat -O /boot/fixup_x.dat
sudo wget https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/raw/master/start_x.elf -O /boot/start_x.elf
sudo reboot
Make sure you enter it correctly (e.g. with copy+paste) as getting the URL wrong will stop it booting.

@miappa - Are these instructions worth adding to OP? seems it would make it simpler to ssh in and do this at same time as downloading new builds?

BTW, @miappa and @popcornmix, Thanks for the great workNod. Been checking this forum 2 to 3 times a day, keeping up with changes and fixes (always good to keep well informed, incase I stuff something up).Undecided
@miappa and @popcornmix I'm impressed, most of us have little of knowledge about Linux, although we are trying to learn it, you make us very comfortable asking questions like these. What it seems for other people easy, for us can be very challenging since it is a new territory. Thank you for the hard work and patience, I'm learning a lot from all of you.
@vbat99
Sure, I actually had that in the beginning, but corruption was an issue back then so I deleted it.
Probably need --no-check-certificate and I´ll make a shortened url as well, but I still want to keep it separate from the XBMC update though.

@alphatech69
Cheers. Smile
The "real" work has nothing to do with me though, popcornmix and team XBMC are the real heroes. Wink And Sam of course for providing an excellent distro.
I am still sort of a Linux n00b myself, so don´t ask to much of me. Smile

@popcornmix
Regarding the "issue" I reported earlier, I believe I am to stupid to follow my own advice. Running the old build was better, but I believe I have found the issue and it´s not related to any commits or builds.
Will wait a while though before I feel certain, I tend to report issues or fixes to fast. Apologies...

Another thing, when fetching firmware via SSH, do you think it´s a good idea to run 'sync'?
Hi,

Whenever I try to launch the http server on your builds, I get an error that the server could not be started. Is the webserver not in these builds?
I am using it all the time, no issues here.
It could be firewall (you can disable this in Raspbmc settings), but it could also be that port 80 is not allowed to be used.
I always change the port to 8080 + disable the firewall.
(2014-02-25, 22:34)miappa Wrote: [ -> ]Another thing, when fetching firmware via SSH, do you think it´s a good idea to run 'sync'?

I believe shutdown/reboot will call sync, so if you shutdown correctly it shouldn't matter.
Ah, thanks.
(2014-02-25, 22:40)miappa Wrote: [ -> ]I am using it all the time, no issues here.
It could be firewall (you can disable this in Raspbmc settings), but it could also be that port 80 is not allowed to be used.
I always change the port to 8080 + disable the firewall.

Ah, yes. Default is 80. When I set it to 8080 it works.
(2014-02-25, 18:31)R-max Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I just updated my pi and all the videos are jumping
any idea where that come from ?

(2014-02-25, 19:25)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-25, 18:31)R-max Wrote: [ -> ]I just updated my pi and all the videos are jumping
any idea where that come from ?

You'll need to describe a lot more specifically what the problem is. I have no idea what you mean.
Is picture moving up and down. Is it seeking around randomly. Is it pausing to buffer?

I have the same problem with the updated firmware on the latest build 24 Feb 14
I did not deliberately try any video player besides default but I did tests on:
1 - File size
Conclusion is size does not cause this as I tried multiple files of varying sizes and they all worked
2 - File type
The file in question was a mkv so I tried other mkv's which seemed to work until I hit a x264. I proceeded to try as many x264's as possible and all played like R-max's video showed.

Every other file type I have works fine.
I'll try using DVDPlayer later and report back.

My previous build was 12.2 Frodo so I can not say which Gotham build last worked.
@Flynnn
Can you post output of
Code:
grep Linux /home/pi/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | head -3
and
Code:
vcgencmd version

The grep command is from top of my head so you might try with something else if it is not reporting anything, but I seem to remember that it will show all imprtant info with Linux and -3.
@Flynnn
If you followed the instruction in post#1 how to update firmware via SSH, please do it again.
I accidentally included '_new' in the file name as I wanted to check the shortened URL (to compare file size) so you probably have several firmware files with wrong name in /boot.

I have updated this now though so should work.
hi, i have one problem with add ons video. if i go to video add-on, i browse for one and at time, xbmc freeze . always freeze and i must reboot rasp. any solution, any idea ?? thx

log