Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Mafarricos I think I understand but to make sure if you ssh into Raspbmc and run
Code:
ls /boot
what is the output?
(2014-04-07, 21:31)Dilligaf Wrote: [ -> ]@Mafarricos I think I understand but to make sure if you ssh into Raspbmc and run
Code:
ls /boot
what is the output?

I never had problems with SSH on raspbmc, but at night I can provide you the result of that command Wink
Hi i'm in need of some help to get my media centre remote working correctly.
When i update buttons return, back and start do not respond. If i revert back remote works again
@superb
Have a look here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1665962

@Mafarricos
It´s not regarding SSH, more that Dilligaf (just as I) are curious how NOOBS handles firmware and boot files.
Thank you so much miappa Smile it worked
(2014-04-08, 11:05)miappa Wrote: [ -> ]@superb
Have a look here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1665962

@Mafarricos
It´s not regarding SSH, more that Dilligaf (just as I) are curious how NOOBS handles firmware and boot files.

OK. At night I will post information about that Wink

In raspbmc I see all the other partitions, but the ones used are defined in the cmdline.txt defined in noobs, that is stored in that boot partition. I will provide some pics of TV showing that info Wink
Here you go:

Raspbmc on Noobs.
Cool, it looks as if the firmware update included with these builds will work on NOOBS installs, I'm just unsure what the os_config.json file is
hej fellas,

regarding to the xbmc wiki page there is no support for usb sound devices at the moment. is there any difference in the nightly build? i wanna use my pi with my xbmc headless as a streaming device and it would be nice if i can access the usb sound card attached to my pi instead of the 3,5mm jack. when i put hdmi to it sound should chance to hdmi and back.

any ideas how to manage that?
(2014-04-08, 19:37)laurids Wrote: [ -> ]regarding to the xbmc wiki page there is no support for usb sound devices at the moment. is there any difference in the nightly build? i wanna use my pi with my xbmc headless as a streaming device and it would be nice if i can access the usb sound card attached to my pi instead of the 3,5mm jack. when i put hdmi to it sound should chance to hdmi and back.

This build, and the milhouse openelec build should support alsa.
Only with dvdplayer/paplayer - not omxplayer.
I can confirm that the culprit with xbmc-13-20140404-nc3 was the firmware. In fact, downgrading a few releases changed nothing because I was still using the firmware shipped with xbmc-13-20140404-nc3.

Now that I have installed xbmc-13-20140406-nc3 and the latest firmware, everything is working fine.
another question. please excuse me if i´m being stupid.

when i use my pi for streaming music with xbmc without monitor its working finde but when i connect it to the screen via afterwards there is no signal on my tv. is there away out?

thanks again!
(2014-04-08, 19:04)Dilligaf Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, it looks as if the firmware update included with these builds will work on NOOBS installs, I'm just unsure what the os_config.json file is

That file is the one that is used to create and install raspbmc the first time on the partition.
i find out now that if i boot into xbmc with hdmi plugged in i can unplug it and plug it back in without problems.

but i have problems streaming videos via airplay. is that a common issue? i have xvmc 14.-alpha (compiled: apr 6 2014). do i have to update something?

thanks again for your help!
(2014-04-08, 19:40)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-08, 19:37)laurids Wrote: [ -> ]regarding to the xbmc wiki page there is no support for usb sound devices at the moment. is there any difference in the nightly build? i wanna use my pi with my xbmc headless as a streaming device and it would be nice if i can access the usb sound card attached to my pi instead of the 3,5mm jack. when i put hdmi to it sound should chance to hdmi and back.

This build, and the milhouse openelec build should support alsa.
Only with dvdplayer/paplayer - not omxplayer.

I've just installed this build, hoping to get my USB DAC working. ALSA seems to be working--I've got GUI sounds, as well as MP3s playing via music (paplayer?), but no audio at all when playing video, even with dvdplayer. I've tried enabling/disabling passthrough, as well as playing video with various audio codecs (including MP3 audio), but never get any sound...

Any suggestions?

Relevant log snippet:
http://pastebin.com/ck8F5Ewh