Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help With External Player Behavior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I had a different thread going to figure out how to get QuickTime to launch as an External Player, and after much trial and error, I got it working pretty well.

Now I'm left with a different problem that someone will hopefully have experience - and fixed - before.

If I launch a file associated with the external player (i.e. .m4v files) with the ENTER key, it loads QuickTime and the video, but XBMC goes into some sort of audio frenzy. It plays a steady tone of bleeps and blips. That's the best way I can describe it.

However, if I launch the same file with the Left Mouse button, it loads QuickTime and the video without the audio problems.

I'd rather use the ENTER key because it makes it much easier to integrat with the Unified Remote Android app. Being that I use WASAPI for the audio on XBMC and QuickTime, priority still seems to be given to XBMC initially. So when it plays the beeps and blips, there is no audio from QuickTime.

Anyone have any suggestions? Oh, and I apologize if this should have just remained on my original thread.

Thanks,

Kyle
I think you're in wild new country, I would have set this up with VLC as the external player; at least there is a bunch of people who are using that one, and your issue might have been addressed by another user, but QT on a windows system is kinda rare. Good luck though.
Hey there,

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, I know of no way to get VLC to play purchased iTunes m4v's... Short of removing the DRM with a separate program. This was just a way for me to load - and play - all of my iTunes video purchases into my XBMC library. Minus the minor hiccups, it works pretty well!

As far as the strange audio behavior, I actually figured it out. The guy sound only plays when using the ENTER button (or select button on my remote), but the mouse click does not. Disabling the GUI sounds took care of the issue.

I'm curious now, though, if there's anything in advanced settings xml that controls which GUI sounds play and which ones don't? They would be kind of nice to have, but I can live without them. Any ideas where to look?

Kyle

My bad, this issue was covered in this topic:

Http://forum. xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165064

Kyle
Yes DRM does get in the way of legitimate material, glad you found this workaround. I haven't seen an advanced setting which discriminates between system sounds.

I think the link you meant is http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165064