Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: advancedsettings.xml help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to exclude/remove videos without an extension from online scans? I tried a couple of settings from the wiki, but I think they only apply to videos on your local library. I also searched around the web and couldn't find anything.

I tried the following, but it didn't work:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <videoextensions>
          <remove>.rar|.zip|.mkv</remove> <!-- I don't know the syntax for videos without an extention -->
     </videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

The .mkv was only used for testing, which didn't work. I also tried "excludefromscan" & "excludefromlisting", which also didn't work. Again, I think they only apply to videos stored on your local library.
Videos without an extension should already be excluded because XBMC doesn't know if it's a video file or not. Are you sure these files don't have a file extension or if it is just your OS that is hiding the extension? Both Windows and Mac OS X can do this.
(2013-10-22, 05:37)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Videos without an extension should already be excluded because XBMC doesn't know if it's a video file or not. Are you sure these files don't have a file extension or if it is just your OS that is hiding the extension? Both Windows and Mac OS X can do this.

I think you may be referring to videos stored on your local library (but I may be wrong). I'm using crystalbuntu and already enabled the "show file extensions" under file lists. When I go into my video addons and stream content, it would show the following sources as the following example:

Code:
examplemovie1.mkv
examplemovie2.mkv
dklfjdaslfjddl            <----------- want to remove from list (no file extension)
fdkjdslsafddl             <----------- want to remove from list (no file extension)
edkalkdfklfd              <----------- want to remove from list (no file extension)
examplemovie3.avi
examplemovie4.wmv
examplemovie5.rar         <----------- want to remove from list (.rar file)
examplemovie6.zip         <----------- want to remove from list (.zip file)

Is it even possible to set this up with the advancedsettings.xml file? I know it works with your local library stored on a hard drive, but how about online content?
It applies to file lists and the local library, but those settings won't touch add-on content.
(2013-10-22, 07:09)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]It applies to file lists and the local library, but those settings won't touch add-on content.

Thanks Ned, that is what I thought... but figured someone had a solution or workaround.