Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mouse always polling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got an issue with my skin and mouse, not sure how to fix it.
When running on a windows pc, on frodo, the mouse is always active. While playing videos this means that the cursor is always visible, and the media controls will not auto hide. Worse, when trying to control though an http or ios remote, the mouse keeps stealing the interface focus, so that whatever element it is hovering over becomes active (as if the mouse is moving over it). Does anyone know what could cause this and how I would fix it?
Mine is a silly question, but I need to ask it: have you tried unplugging the mouse and check if the problem resolves? In that case it may be that the mouse keeps sending a small movement signal (it may happen with laser mice for example).
That was a perfectly fair question, and to be honest, no I had not. Now however I have, and no, it did not resolve the issue. I just went to verify, and I guess I had assumed incorrectly. This is not an issue with the skin I'm developing, it happens on all skins. If I control with the keyboard the mouse cursor hides and stops polling the position (until moved again), but as soon as the mouse is active, it stays active, until there is keyboard input. I'm going to try a fresh install clearing all user data.
An update - clean installation does not fix this.