Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need some help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

Need some help being trying to add anime and tv series but when I create a playlist it just shows the fan art etc but no video files in the folders what could be causing this?
Need a *lot* more information about what you are trying to do and how you are trying to do it before anyone can help you.
  • Are these Anime and TV Series stored on a local disk/file server?
  • Are they already scanned into your video library?
  • Are you able to locate and play these shows via VIDEOS > Files?
  • Are you able to locate and play these shows via either VIDEOS > Library > TV Shows or TV SHOWS?
  • Did you create an regular or smart playlist?
  • How did you go about creating this playlist?
  • Which skin are you using?
  • Which view are you using when you open your playlist (List, Media Info, Thumbnail, Poster Wrap, Fanart, etc.)? If you're using one of the artwork views, did you try clicking on an artwork item (e.g., poster, thumbnail) to play the associated item?
  • Which version number of XBMC are you running?
(2013-10-22, 20:27)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]Need a *lot* more information about what you are trying to do and how you are trying to do it before anyone can help you.
  • Are these Anime and TV Series stored on a local disk/file server?
    On my external hard drive

• Are they already scanned into your video library?
    Not sure what you mean I just got to add videos and choose the whole anime file and then select a scraper

• Are you able to locate and play these shows via VIDEOS > Files?

Yes I can play all

• Are you able to locate and play these shows via either VIDEOS > Library > TV Shows or TV SHOWS? They are there but there is no video files to play when I click on the show I want eg naruto

• Did you create an regular or smart playlist? Smart playlist

• How did you go about creating this playlist?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qTydKLV1Pic follow this tutorial

• Which skin are you using? Aeon nox latest one
  • Which view are you using when you open your playlist (List, Media Info, Thumbnail, Poster Wrap, Fanart, etc.)? SHOW CASE.
    If you're using one of the artwork views, did you try clicking on an artwork item (e.g., poster, thumbnail) to play the associated item?
  • Which version number of XBMC are you running? The latest version downloaded it yesterday

Answered all questions in the Quote
Does anyone know no why the playlist are not showing my video files but it's only showing the picture of the show and no episodes
Could it be the episodes names
Are you saying the shows (series) are added to your library, but when you select a particular show, the episode list is blank? If so, the most likely reason is your episode files are incorrectly named. Each episode file name must contain the season and episode numbers in one of the supported syntaxes (e.g., S01E03, 01x03). And all episode files for a given series must be stored in a folder that is named after the title of the series itself (as listed on the scraper site, such as thetvdb.com). See here for more information: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...s/TV_shows
From what you've described, it looks like you have not added the show to your library yet.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...he_library