Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AMLogic amcodec does not play rmvb video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As per the title, I am using XBMC Frodo (PIVOS fork) to use amcodec. I have replaced the headers in libamplayer with those that are correct for my system and everything seems to play fine EXCEPT for rmvb video. The sound will play but no video output is there. I know that the chipset supports rmvb and MXplayer does play rmvb using hardware.

Is this a known issue with amcodec?

A little about my hardware: it is a LeTV C1s box with the AmLogic AML8726-MX processor. I have managed to get the amlogic/LibPlayer sources for the Android 4.1.2 system that it comes with. I have looked into the amplayer sources (player_rm.c) and compared to that of AMLCodec.cpp so far it seems that xbmc is doing everything right to initialize the amcodec but still no video for rmvb. No errors in the debug log.

Would it help if I provide the sources for a developer with more experience to look at?
Support for rmvb is still pending in xbmc's amcodec. The demux format coming from ffmpeg is wrong and the hw decoder expects something different. If you really need rmvb ASAP, restore amplayer and vector rmvb to that.

EDIT: I'm about 90 percent complete in fixing it but something else took priority.
Thanks for the info davilla and all your work on amlogic support. For now I will stick to software for rmvb until amcodec supports rm. Cheers.
Davilla, sorry to bring up an old thread, but does Gotham have support for rmvb in amcodec? Now that amplayer has been removed and amcodec is enabled on all android versions, can I replace Frodo and still have hw accelerated rmvb playback?
no, hw rmvb plaback via amcodec did not make Gotham
where I can get get the amlogic/LibamPlayer sources for the Android 4.1.2 system?
Ask AMLogic or check on github, some devs grabbed a copy of the source code before Pivos was asked by AMLogic to remove theirs. Note that Libamplayer talks to kernel drivers and it is important the you use matching source code or risk strange things happening.
(2014-02-19, 17:49)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]Ask AMLogic or check on github, some devs grabbed a copy of the source code before Pivos was asked by AMLogic to remove theirs. Note that Libamplayer talks to kernel drivers and it is important the you use matching source code or risk strange things happening.
thanks, davilla. I had asked the source to amlogic company, but they said that they didn't open the source for Indie Developer.Sad
Luckily, I got some old source for 4.0.x. I want to know if I can use these.
with AML kernel drivers that are compatible with 4.0.x, yes.
(2014-02-20, 09:10)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]with AML kernel drivers that are compatible with 4.0.x, yes.
Thanks, davilla.Smile
Now I have a thinking that do a video player supports low-latency video streaming playback based on XBMC for amlogic chip.
Cound you give me some advices or hits?
and this relates to the thread topic "AMLogic amcodec does not play rmvb video" how ?
(2014-02-21, 05:09)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]and this relates to the thread topic "AMLogic amcodec does not play rmvb video" how ?
oh, sorry.Sad
I will post another title about that.
Hi, sorry for reply an old thread, it seems that kodi 14.2 still didn't support rmvb with amlogic? I tried but no video, audio only. Thanks!