Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: One Video, two Sources (Make Videos offline)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have a question that I don't really found an answer to...
I don't think it'll work the way I want it to, but maybe someone has an Idea how to solve this...

Ok, lets start:
Well all my videos (Movies and TV Series) are on my PC. My XBMC MySQL DB is on that PC aswell and I watch those videos on 2 different PCs, my Notebook, my Tablet and my Raspberry Pi.

So far, so well but now there are certain occasions, where I have to leave my house Wink so it would be great if I could watch some Videos when I'm in the train or something like that.
I would really like to do that with XBMC on my tablet, for instance. But now, the files are on my PC at home and if I add them again local, it's not the same file as it is in the DB. What I would like is, that I could add 2 sources for the very same file, lets say, one is on my tablet and one on my PC, but it is the same file in the DB, so that when I watch the local one on the tablet, this certain episode is watched in the DB and vice versa.
Is there a possibility to do this?

And also, what would be even greater, is, if there were an addon or something like that, so that I can select an episode on my Tablet or Notebook and select something like "make available offline" or so, that XBMC would download that episode to the device and so on...

Ok, I used Google to see if there is something like that so I think, there is nothing. But like I said, maybe someone has an Idea how to solve it... I mean... comeon, I can't be the only XBMC User that sometimes leaves his house and wants to take his Episodes with him... right? Wink
Ok, so I just found this one from the Googoe summer of Code:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Goo...f_interest

So does anyone knows, if there has been any progress in this matter? I mean, is someone still coding on this or is there something that has been made here (in the nightly of XBMC) or so?