Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Crashing Account on load & exit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[php]Hey all,

I have a user account (Family) for my kids that is linked to kid frienldy content. It is buggy on loading and has recently started to crash on exit. Has anyone had this problem? i have a massive list of crashlogs and am not a linux guru? Does anyone know what the problem is?

<iframe src="http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=mJVprt2q" style="border:none;width:100%"></iframe>

Under another account, My wife and I have the rest listed in that XBMC. Same sort of issues

<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=sw2YnYt7"></script>

Thanks for any pointers
your version is very old, try upgrading to at least frodo 12.2
Hey wsnipex, Thanks for the quick response. I updated to Frodo 12.2 and still have the same issues of crashing on load in some cases freezing. It will also freeze on exiting. Here is the latest Crashlog

(MOD EDIT: Removed log contents pasted directly in post)

I am not an advanced user but i read through the crash log. Am i missing lib packages and dependancies? Is there an easy way to check and get all the required packages?
1. don't post logs inline, use pastebin
2. enable debugging
3. where did you get that kernel? looks very curious.
wsnipex ,

I will use pastebin and enable debugging. I recompiled my kernel and made the following changes:

i) Set it to a Low-Latency Desktop (1000mhz)
ii) Added the Brainfuck Scheduler
iii) Added the BFQ
iv) Set one of the settings to Noop for my SSD
v) Then proceeded to set my processor family and remove support for any hardware not on my system
(AMD,IBM,Dell.powerPC, etc)
vi) disabled kernel debugging

Even with an SSD and then making these changes, the performance bump and snappiness of Ubuntu OS was very noticeable. And I also loaded into the Ubuntu 12.04 stock kernel 3.2.? to make sure it wasn't something i deleted in my kernel that was causing problems for xbmc. same issues.

I also noticed when i upgraded to Frodo 12.2 that the fanart got a little sluggish. Like the DDSfanart feature was disabled.

Debugging + Pastebin = Boom
Your audio device is blocked. And pulseaudio support is very limited and not recommended.
oh ok, So should I set Ubuntu to the alsa and/or is there a setting in Ubuntu audio?
I guess I used a crappy Tut. but I couldn't get the sound to work under alsa & xbmc still had the same crashes.