Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Turn off using file cover art as fullscreen when playing music?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Confusing title perhaps. When I choose a song that has file cover art it automatically makes it full screen and just sits there doing nothing. Id like for it to never use the file cover art. I don't think I changed any settings but maybe did and cant find out how to change this setting.
I was going to just remove from all my files but I have a huge collection and Id rather keep those tags for use on portable players.

any ideas?
I still haven't figured this out and it's driving me crazy Smile
Bump for visibility
You'd have to let us know what skin you're using for a start Smile
This is very skin specific, confluence does not do this.
Of course! I've been switching between some skins and that's when it started. It was happening in aeon nox and bello.
I suppose i should post this in those forums/threads.

Thanks for a lead guys! And if you know how to turn this off please let me know Smile
well thanks to peppe_sr in the bello skin thread ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1542778 ) I was able to narrow down my issue here. It seems the subsonic addon I am using is for some reason making xbmc think I am playing a video when there is album art embedded in the file. This is only happening in Gotham. I am going to post in the subsonic thread also but the dev has abandoned that and im sure id get much help. Any ideas what would have made this change to a video attribute in Gotham?
Thanks!
SOLVED! I was going through the subsonic thread again to see if anyone had this problem and I remembered when I had initially setup the addon that I had to tell it to use the dvdplayer through the playercorefactory.xml file. I had a thought that maybe this was not necessary anymore in gotham and maybe this is what was telling it to treat it as a video. It worked! Everything is back to normal and my mp3 and flac files play as they should!