Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CD Track Names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I'm trying to play audio CDs and part of that application is being able to retrieve the track names (and possibly other info, but mostly track name) from the items on the CD. I realize that that metadata is not actually stored on the CD, but instead, when the CD is inserted, XBMC goes to freedb.org to pull the data. The problem is that even though the XBMC UI displays the track name, artist name, and so forth, calling Playlist.GetItems or Player.GetItem returns an empty string for "title" and pretty much everything else. It's as if the UI is separate from the JSON methods. Is there any way to access that information - that is, can I use any of the JSON methods to query the CD track names?

Thanks for the help!
What version of XBMC (and/or JSON-RPC) are you using?
Thanks for the reply. I'm using Frodo.
I found the .cddb files in the Application Data\XBMC\userdata\Database\CDDB folder. I found that these are just text files that have all the info for CDs that are loaded. I suppose a workaround would be to parse these for the data I need, however, it would be best to have a method that does this internal to XBMC.